Argos online chat..

What's Hot
WezVWezV Frets: 16960
Got a new Tv on monday.  Been watching netflix on it the last few nights through the on board Wi-Fi.  Turned it on today and it was not connecting to the internet. The wireless option had disappeared from the menu.   It wasn't simply a case of it not connecting.  The internet options had changed from Wired connection/wireless connection/disabled, to wired connection/disabled

Anyway.  I went online to report the fault

You start by inputting your name and confirming whether it was a delivery or collection from store. I dutifully entered my name and stated that i collected the item from store.

Then you get to the chat

Argos chat monkey: Can you tell me your name

Me:   I'm Wes

[long wait]
Argos chat monkey: does this relate to a delivery or collection from store

Me:  I reserved the item on monday and collected from store.

[long wait]

Argos chat monkey: I only deal with deliveries, i need to transfer you through to another department

[long wait]
Argos chat monkey2:   Hi, I'm Argos chat monkey 2

[long wait]
Argos chat monkey2:  Can you confirm your name

Me:  I'm Wes, and this relates to an item i collected from store on Monday
Me: [Details of fault]

[Long wait]

Argos chat monkey2: You need to phone tech support for this issue.

I assume the chat monkeys have an SLA target of responding to a customer within so many seconds, or something like that... doesn't matter  if the response makes sense as long as the stat is hit

Then i got through to the Tech support where they told me my new TV was not wireless enabled at all, their manual says so.   I pointed them to the website where it says "wi-fi enabled", and pointed out I had been watching Netflix on it since Monday.

I was then asked to calm down.  That worked :)

Factory reset sorted the issue, but i feel this TV may be going  back tomorrow!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    WezV said:

Me:   I'm Wes

But you're not.

You're Wez!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16960
    That must have been the issue ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    Ha!...I had an online chat with Hermes carrier like that yesterday...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    Online chat is usually terrible.

I recently downgraded my Virigin media package - by god that was difficult. Upgrading, no problem, do it online in 30 seconds, but downgrading, no chance. So went to an online chat monkey and stated right from the off I wanted to downgrade, who messaged back “no problem, let’s have a look for you” after 30 minutes (no lie) of taking all my details and trying to up-sell of which I kept on batting back to my original point, then trying to talk me out of downgrading, he kindly told me he couldn’t do it and to call the helpline instead. The last few “chat” messages from me may have contained a fair few expletives and maybe even got personal!

To to be fair when I spoke to a human being they solved it pretty quickly.

I hate the trend of not being able to downgrade or cancel easily, try cancelling a council tax account without needing to move it to another address. Or cancelling an insurance policy. 

• spark240 said:
    Ha!...I had an online chat with Hermes carrier like that yesterday...
    Did you tell her there’s a cream that’ll clear it right up... :)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    It'll be a while before they pass the Turing Test.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    On the flip side, I (with some skepticism) used the HMRC online chat yesterday and they were REALLY helpful. Had my query answered in a matter on minutes. I'd probably still be on hold if I'd called them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1344
    edited February 2018
    I've always found Amazon chat to be excellent.  TalkTalk, on the other hand, make me want to kill someone.  I used the online chat on behalf of my in-laws because their YouView box had failed completely.  It wouldn't power up and the power supply tested OK so it was clearly the hardware.  They must have asked me 3 times to carry out tasks that involved the unit being operational.  I ended up just quoting lines from the Monty Python parrot sketch to get my point across that it was dead.