Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

'Signature' guitars.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5004
    edited February 2018
    I really liked the Suhr Pete Thorn sig when it was released, however it was overpriced at £4k+. Seems they've reduced this now to £3.5 which is still a hefty tag. It has everything that I would probably spec in a custom guitar and is nice and simple without crazy bling or silly control options.

Like everyone has said already though, best bet is used as otherwise you'd have to really want it to take the hit on price. The Eric Johnson sig strat is another one I like the look of.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    I own two signature guitars. 
    .... a Ryan Jarman Musuar (Mustang, Jaguar mix).

As for the Ryan Jarman, I hate the Cribs so that held no sway over my purchase. It's just a Jag-Stang that isn't ugly as sin. 
    Really like the look of those: Jag trem on a mustang body for all your short scale offset needs. Don’t seem to be many around...

For my own part while it’s not an Ibanez I have a Troy van Leeuwen Jazzmaster. 
    Actually love your TVL. I keep seeing it around here and on Facebook groups. The spitfire guard looks great on it. 

As for the Jarman, I've heard they only produced 150. That's what I've seen about anyways, and from the scarcity of them I'm actually sorta believing it. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12361
    JayGee said:
    Graham Coxon Telecaster.

Because I like Telecasters, I like rosewood ‘boards, I like tortoiseshell ‘guards, I like neck humbuckers, and that guitar was all those things in a nicely put together, attractive looking package at a very reasonable price. :-)
    I'd love one of those.

Maybe Fender will do another run!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I have an Ibanez Blue Floral JEM, the teenaged me loved the originals in the late 80s....so the 40 something me bought the re-issue.

Used in a rock covers band....and not a hint of Vai in the set.
  • nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    JayGee said:
    Graham Coxon Telecaster.

Because I like Telecasters, I like rosewood ‘boards, I like tortoiseshell ‘guards, I like neck humbuckers, and that guitar was all those things in a nicely put together, attractive looking package at a very reasonable price. :-)
    That they were, very reasonable.  And what I love about it most of all is that you wouldn't know it was a sig model unless you look at the back of the headstock, it doesn't scream it out like some do.
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
  • nick_s said:
    JayGee said:
    Graham Coxon Telecaster.

That they were, very reasonable.  And what I love about it most of all is that you wouldn't know it was a sig model unless you look at the back of the headstock, it doesn't scream it out like some do.
    If any one fancies one, Amp Guitars in Macclesfield have just got one in.
  • NikcNikc Frets: 629
    DavusPG said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm not a Slipknot/Stone Sour fan and there are one or two features which put me off buying that guitar, but I think it's a very smart design.  The ebony board, EMGs, black hardware - there's nothing comparable anywhere else in the huge Fender range.

I assume it's not available any more, but I bet they sold quite a lot of them over the years.

Ditto. I've never heard a Slipknot or Stone Sour song in my life, but the features on it, white & black colourway and the bargain price were too good to miss when it cropped up in the classifieds and I saw it was only a few miles down the road. I took a punt and was very pleasantly surprised.

My brother in law bought one used, nice guitar I'm not really sure who jim root is but thats a nice tele ;)