Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

EVEN MORE Gibson Custom Weirdness

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23621
    The first three or four I thought were April Fools.

The Modern Flying V is just a less-interesting knockoff of a Jackson Roswell Rhoads.

A couple of the others are OK but what the fuck is "bohemian" about that otherwise perfectly reasonable Bohemian SG?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I like SOME of those, but the prices.......

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Christ on a bike, this is getting painfully uncomfortable to watch now. The whole thing just makes me cringe.
    I should probably stop looking.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    Re the Ice Flame, what’s the point of an ebony fingerboard when about 90% of it is actually inlay?
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I think some of them look great.

I like the van one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31935
    It's a custom shop, making custom guitars, some wacky, some tasteful, mostly expensive in a limited run, custom kind of a way.  

Some of you lot are reacting like these guitars have REPLACED the regular stuff.  

I was at a trade show once where a punter was berating the engineer who'd remastered The Who's Live at Leeds, saying he'd 'ruined' it and the original version he had at home was much better. 

The engineer just said "Well play that one then". 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Makes me sad to think someone might actually buy this:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14768
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:

agree - yet you only have to walk through a busy town to see what shirts, trousers, jackets etc some will wear - each to their own I dare say
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7212
    Sassafras said:

The shellfish graveyard edition.
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1713
    A lot of people collect them as many have a lot of money to spare ,like dentists ,doctors and bent politicians .
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    stonevibe said:
    Sassafras said:

The shellfish graveyard edition.
    Or “beach” 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    The modern V is nice
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73048
    edited February 2018
    Dominic said:
    The modern V is nice
    Just a badly-done Jackson Roswell Rhoads copy, isn’t it?

They claim it has "color-matched hardware", when it appears to have a nickel bridge pickup and a chrome neck one that doesn't match the pickguard.

Total waste of wood, most of them - which they could be using to make guitars that actually have a chance of selling.

August is getting closer...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I for one am grateful & relieved that Gibson are making stupidly expensive and hideously ugly guitars. 
    I'm not tempted at all. Not one bit. By any of them. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Sassafras said:

Hate the inlays but love the rest of it.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    I for one am grateful & relieved that Gibson are making stupidly expensive and hideously lovely guitars. 
    I'm tempted with all. Buy any of them. 
    There. Typos fixed.  ;)
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2385
    Rabs said:

Ok I know I should just stop looking, its probably not good for me..  But watching this really is like a car crash, I just cant help myself

And who the hell is coming up with these stupid names? The Custom Boogie Van??  hahahaha

Les Paul Custom Boogie Van $4,999

In the late 1970s, the Custom Van craze defined automotive culture in the same way the Gibson Les Paul Custom defined the sound of rock music. And both the Street Vans and the Les Pauls of the 1970s have seen a resurgence in popularity over the past few years, prompting this fun mash-up -- the Les Paul Custom "Boogie Van." Each guitar features unique three-tone paint schemes, custom chrome hardware, a 1970s-style three piece maple neck, underwound Super '74 humbuckers, and a hot-stamped truss rod cover with "Boogie Van" artwork.
    https://i.imgur.com/Z8Xeuew.jpg

Prefer the colour scheme on the A-Team van 

• NeilNeil Frets: 3699
    PVO_Dave said:
    Rabs said:

Ok I know I should just stop looking, its probably not good for me..  But watching this really is like a car crash, I just cant help myself

And who the hell is coming up with these stupid names? The Custom Boogie Van??  hahahaha

Les Paul Custom Boogie Van $4,999

In the late 1970s, the Custom Van craze defined automotive culture in the same way the Gibson Les Paul Custom defined the sound of rock music. And both the Street Vans and the Les Pauls of the 1970s have seen a resurgence in popularity over the past few years, prompting this fun mash-up -- the Les Paul Custom "Boogie Van." Each guitar features unique three-tone paint schemes, custom chrome hardware, a 1970s-style three piece maple neck, underwound Super '74 humbuckers, and a hot-stamped truss rod cover with "Boogie Van" artwork.
    https://i.imgur.com/Z8Xeuew.jpg

Prefer the colour scheme on the A-Team van 

That was the whole idea

Probably couldn't call it the "A Team" model.

I'm sure it will appeal to certain age group (around 40) who coincidentally might have made their money by now and are looking for something to spend it on.  ;)