Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Crisis...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Look where you keep clothes/bedding and dark warm places.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited February 2018
    Sassafras said:
    Can you not muzzle the cat and let him do the detective work?
    Maybe some soft little booties as well so he doesn't claw the hapless hamster to death.
    You've never actually met a cat, I presume?? D 
    Spat my coffee out........you owe me a laptop (Almost!)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    You may need to source a near-identical replacement. I did this when Dave (my then five-year old son’s hamster) was found immobile one morning.

Dave II was a couple of inches shorter than Dave - but the swap was never revealed and my son’s first experience with loss was deferred for a couple of years....

I hope it turns up unharmed.
    We did exactly this .......same story ;entrusted with school hamster ...it escaped ....got a look-a-like and nobody was any the wiser at all..............I told my Mum the story ,she laughed .....apparently the same happened 40 years earlier when I brought home a school Hamster and they did exactly that too !
     In the meantime numerous schools have applied to Guiness book of records claiming the longest living Hamster of all time ...........it probably goes through a re-incarnation every school holiday
    If only it was as easy with Wives!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3125
    My old landlady came knocking on the door one day, her daughter (about 6 at the time) had a hamster and it had got itself stuck in plastic tube, head sticking out body jammed solid. Daughter was in tears.

Landlady thrust the tube + hamster, rather abruptly, in my direction with the words "Can your get it out. Please"

Wot!

SO there I am, cautiously pulling a hamster out of a plastic tube, with her daughter watching expectantly for me to release her likkle friend.

You would be amazed at how stretchy hamsters are. I honestly thought I was going to rip the damn things head off right in front of them.

Ah, well. In for a penny, in for a pound

Grunt - here goes nothing - gave it a sharp tug and out it pops.

Daughter shrieks with delight, mother also shrieks with delight both jump on top of me with grateful hugs.

Hamster not best pleased, looks me in the eye and clamps it's fangs right on my finger. Ouch!. Not letting go, you can image.

Shook it off violently (trying not to swear in front of 6 year old while you have a pi**ed off hamster embedded in your hand is not easy, I can tell you).

Anyway, off it falls, or rather off it flies, across the room. Spent the next hour chasing it around the house until eventually we catch it and order is once more restored.

I thank youuuuuuuuuu.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    blobb said:
    My old landlady came knocking on the door one day, her daughter (about 6 at the time) had a hamster and it had got itself stuck in plastic tube, head sticking out body jammed solid. Daughter was in tears.

Landlady thrust the tube + hamster, rather abruptly, in my direction with the words "Can your get it out. Please"

Wot!

SO there I am, cautiously pulling a hamster out of a plastic tube, with her daughter watching expectantly for me to release her likkle friend.

You would be amazed at how stretchy hamsters are. I honestly thought I was going to rip the damn things head off right in front of them.

Ah, well. In for a penny, in for a pound

Grunt - here goes nothing - gave it a sharp tug and out it pops.

Daughter shrieks with delight, mother also shrieks with delight both jump on top of me with grateful hugs.

Hamster not best pleased, looks me in the eye and clamps it's fangs right on my finger. Ouch!. Not letting go, you can image.

Shook it off violently (trying not to swear in front of 6 year old while you have a pi**ed off hamster embedded in your hand is not easy, I can tell you).

Anyway, off it falls, or rather off it flies, across the room. Spent the next hour chasing it around the house until eventually we catch it and order is once more restored.

I thank youuuuuuuuuu.

It sound like your land lady was a pet shop boy...

Dirty cow.

Anyway back on topic. If you don’t find him do you have a photo for reference to get a close matching replacent?
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11519
    Now found. Had crawled inside the arm of the sofa. Doors on cage wired shut.
    1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:
    Woo! That was pretty quick! :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • danodano Frets: 1612
    Next time just unleash the cat to find it, with some gaffer tape over his claws.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2859
    crunchman said:
    sev112 said:
    Turn your settee / armchair upside down and see if he / she has gone in.  
    Aha, worth many wisdoms that was

glad you found him

we had a mates hamster one summer hols.  Bought some bedding for it
    Hamster ate the bedding ! Turned into a big round ball!  Apparently it’s quite normal

freaky

• rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    It was missing its mates Clarkson and May!!!  :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Sassafras said:
    Can you not muzzle the cat and let him do the detective work?
    Maybe some soft little booties as well so he doesn't claw the hapless hamster to death.
    You've never actually met a cat, I presume?? :D 
    I know enough about them to know they should only be handled while you're wearing thick chain-mail gauntlets and eye protection.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11519

Hamster now safely back in school and still alive.  Phew!

I explained the wires on the cage doors to the teacher, and she said there should have been clips on there.

Apparently he has previous for escaping.  One of the teachers had him, and apparently ended up sat up all night with foil on the floor (so it would crackle if he walked around) trying to recapture him.

He's also apparently 3 years old.  I was in Pet-at-Home the other day to get something for the cat, and the information sign on the Syrian Hamster said that they live up to two and half years.  What are the odds on him being the original one?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2620
    tFB Trader
    Is this were you now sue the school for sending home a violent immortal rodent that attacked your daughter, sent in a cage that was not fit for purpose...
  • dano said:
    Next time just unleash the cat to find it, with some gaffer tape over his claws.
    My friend's daughters two gerbils escaped from their cage over the weekend. The cat found one of them and very kindly placed it somewhere that it would be easily found, having also removed its ability to run away ever again.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is this were you now sue the school for sending home a violent immortal rodent that attacked your daughter, sent in a cage that was not fit for purpose...
    Thus breaking Hamster & Safety regulations? 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
    Richard Gere hasn't been round has he??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>