Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Dilemma - opinions? Sorry - pics before dilemma description

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Normally, this isn't the kind of guitar that does it for me, yet yours has a certain something that's really quite appealing.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    You need to ask yourself what it is about it you don’t like. 
    I agree that thinning it may not improve it - and once that’s done, you can’t put it back. The three little holes are a touch unfortunate but not the end of the world - as has been said some dowel or similar may improve the looks. But a refinish in Sunburst probably won’t.

From what you’ve said, the 24frets “ruined” it - and that can’t be changed easily. 

Sorry if that’s not what you want to hear. Fwiw, it reminds me of a Pack Leader guitar, and it looks great for it.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13696
    If you have the little holes and presumably routing for wiring why not swap the electronics for something your other gear doesn't have or do that needs switches?  Like a sustainer pickup or something?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25052
    impmann said:
    I agree that thinning it may not improve it - and once that’s done, you can’t put it back. 
    Well I suppose you could cut out a bit of mdf and nail it on the back....

I think I'd just clean it up, sort out the frets etc if they need work, and keep it as what it is.  It's a little bit of history.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    I'll take it off your hands for a fiver.
    Normally I'd charge £20.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Personally, I love the whole late '70's/early '80's thing...don't do it! Sell it to me instead! ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• sawyersawyer Frets: 733
    I like it! Looks like a Hamer. Sell it if you not digging it anymore. Certainly not worth pumping more money into it if you have no love for it anymore.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74397
    sawyer said:
    I like it! Looks like a Hamer. Sell it if you not digging it anymore. Certainly not worth pumping more money into it if you have no love for it anymore.
    To be honest, if it's not really your thing any more and the builder has 'some attachment' to it, would he buy it back? That way he can do anything he wants with it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom