Modular guitar

What's Hot
FosterFoster Frets: 1131

Interesting! Shame it sounds like crap
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    A classic case of making your own problem then solving it. He ends up with one incredibly ugly guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3219
    axisus said:
    A classic case of making your own problem then solving it. He ends up with one incredibly ugly guitar.
    And utterly pointless, the joy of different guitars is that they are different, this just has different clothes, waste of the designers time and money, its been done before with zero success.....I'm out!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I'm not having any of that. What else would I clutter my study up with to my wife's eternal annoyance if it wasn't multiples of guitars? What next, one amp that does everything?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • almost a good idea. IMO what it needs is
    • A way of hiding the join
    • Each new identity piece contains a circuit that shapes the sound so that it sounds like the guitar it's pretending to be. It connects when you side the identity piece onto the central bit.

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    almost a good idea. IMO what it needs is
    • A way of hiding the join
    • Each new identity piece contains a circuit that shapes the sound so that it sounds like the guitar it's pretending to be. It connects when you side the identity piece onto the central bit.

Congratulations, you've invented an even more expensive terrible guitar that no-one wants!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got a modular guitar. It's a Fender Telecaster.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @axisus I'd give it a try. I'd like the 335 and V bits, plus SG and LP bits pleez.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I think it looks great fun, and upcycled! 
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I once had the idea to (through mounting them from behind) build a guitar that you could swap out pickups on the fly, and adjust their position... The idea was to make a test bed to compare pickup type and placement 

Not sure I'd ever have suggested it could be used outside - let alone as three different cover band situations... And I think I accepted that it would be really ugly. 

Maybe I should have made an upcycling video that got sponsored