whats everyone think of the Marshall Astoria ??!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTBZ said:
    Plectrum said:
    id be looking for a reliable and more compact and practical amp that covers garage punk  rock , 70s rock, nwobhm and crossover punk hardcore type stuff .basically classic rock through to nwobhm and hot rodded jcm800 type sounds with some kind of boost for solos .

Might it fit the bill ?!

I think you just described the mini Jubilee.
    That’s definitely on the “to try” list .
    Fwiw here's a quick clip I recorded direct using my 2525C - getting to grips with using IRs now and it's sounding more like it does in the room. This is with greenbacks which give it that 80s kinda feel, with a H30/V30 cab it's a bit less "brown". I've just put a creamback in and it sounds like the greenback but a more solid low end and smoother highs. I always find greenbacks a bit raspy sounding for what I'm after

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fem93ifo9w934i/2525.mp3?dl=0
    Sounds great !! 
    Is there any way to set that amp up so you can get that kind of ruthmn sound and a solo boost too ?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited February 2018
    You'd have to either use the fx loop with an eq in it, or use channel 1 on rhythm clip mode and boost the front end with something a bit beefier than a tubescreamer, then use the lead channel for solos. I think a TS style pedal with a low end control would work for boosting rhythm clip to get fairly close to the normal lead channel. I'll have a quick play later and try to match them with what I've got.

At the minute I just use the lead channel for my main tone then a tubescreamer in front for lead boosts as I don't have another guitarist to compete with. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom