Small footprint amp heads?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 108
    I have the MB Express 5:25+ and just recently also bought an Atma - both excellent amps. I don't think it gets much better than these two if you need it to be small and don't play downtuned chugga-chugga metal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    look at the jackson ampworks heads.
  • Thanks for all the recommendations guys, i have snaffled that Carvin that went up in the classifieds :) that was good timing!
  • randellarandella Frets: 4225
    At that price, a steal. Let us know how you get on with it - it was on my list along with the Legacy, in the end a Mini Rec came up secondhand at GAK so that was that.

Those Carvin amps are like hen's teeth on the used market.
  • I've had a Tubemeister for quite a few years now. I loved it to start with but went off it to be honest. I always found the lead channel hard to EQ well, to get it to sound good I had to put the trebble almost at minimum and crank mids and bass right up, even though that felt weird to do! For gigging I replaced it with an AMT Stonehead, well worth considering. It's solid state but in my opinion it sounded way better than the Tubemeister for everything, was more flexible and smaller and more robust. It has the headroom too, although we normally miced it.