How do I? MP 3 knowledge needed

TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
edited February 2018 in Off Topic
Mrs Travis is doing some work at a local preschool and she has to do some dance and stuff with the little kiddies.

She has a list of songs on Spotify but the problem is the school rules don't allow any
devices with a camera on them to be taken into the class for safeguarding reasons.

We only use Spotify these days and have no old ipods that work.

If I buy a USB or cheapy mp3 player for her, where can I get free music to put on it? And what program should I use to transfer bearing in mind I have a Mac which might make life harder

Thanks in advance chaps 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12361
    Why not just use spotify web player on a school PC with speakers?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4069
    Bit of a work around:
    1)  d/l the songs you want from YouTube
    A google of save from you tube will give you some online tube-->mp3 rippers
    2)  copy the mp3s to a USB
    3)  play the USB

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7039
    edited February 2018

Ive "heard" you could use nerds.de LoopBeAudio driver to allow you to route spotify output to that virtual soundcard and loop it back into an input that Audacity or such like could use to record. Works well, or so Ive heard... 

Ah, but its windows only, theres no way Apple will let you get around any restrictions of their 'ecosystem'

http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbeaudio.html

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Why not just use spotify web player on a school PC with speakers?
    This is the best solution. If you have an account you can have the songs off line so you wouldn't need an internet connection.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • No PC in the studio
  • Laptop?
  • or go old school record to tape?
  • Actually take a jack to jack  cable from headphone out to mic in an record the songs with audacity and save to mp3 and transfer to mp3 player
  • Download Audacity. It can record whatever you hear through your computer speakers. Play the tracks you want on Youtube, record them individually, put them in a folder. 

Then buy something like A Sandisk Clip Jam for £25 on Youtube. Connect via USB to Mac. Drag and drop the folder from Mac to Sandisk. In the files option, you can play specific folders which is how I use it rather than playlists or any of that shite. 

• mrkb said:

Ive "heard" you could use nerds.de LoopBeAudio driver to allow you to route spotify output to that virtual soundcard and loop it back into an input that Audacity or such like could use to record. Works well, or so Ive heard... 

Ah, but its windows only, theres no way Apple will let you get around any restrictions of their 'ecosystem'

http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbeaudio.html

You don't need it. I run an SPL Crimson USB audio interface. WIth Audacity, it's just a case of settings the input to SPL Speaker output. Play the audio I want, record in Audacity as usual, save the end file when recording has been finished. Simple. I'll go through the method properly tomorrow as I have a vomit-threatening child in my bed at the minute so the PC is off and I am forced out onto the sofa tonight with the Chromebook. 

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
    edited February 2018
    ytube up your songs and cut n paste link into this online app to save as an mp3

https://y2mate.com/

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7039

Thanks @heartfeltdawn, Found it!

Choose Windows WASAPI as the Host sound method, and you can then select any output - Much appreciated!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Nice one, Mark. Child gave me the vomit instead. Audacity really is a cracking little program :)

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4069
    Download Audacity. It can record whatever you hear through your computer speakers. Play the tracks you want on Youtube, record them individually, put them in a folder.
    @Heartfeltdawn ;
    Cheers for the heads up on this. 
    I've wanted to be able to record straight from the computer for ages, tried a few things which didn't work.
    Audacity does. 
    As mentioned above, needed to change the input to WASAPI but works a treat.