Which courier is reliable?

What's Hot
handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1008
I may bid on an amp on eBay later but I'd have to arrange my own courier.

The seller doesn't have the original box but will hopefully package it well.

Does anyone have a reliable insured courier they could recommend for a reasonably small (mesa 5:25) amp worth around £600?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I used Parcelsplease to transport amps either way between France and the UK. They used UPS and all turned out well. The big catch is of course having the amps, footswitches etc packed well so that nothing can move about.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Ups via Interparcel.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • MonstronautMonstronaut Frets: 193
    not_the_dj;187275" said:
    Ups via Interparcel.
    +1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2954
    I've shipped a couple of amps (and had some shipped to me) via UPS/Interparcel and had no issues.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Another +1 for the Interparcel/UPS combo.
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1008
    Ok thanks very much fellas.
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    Dpd via this website have been ace

http://www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk/?utm_source=Invoice+Email&utm_medium=Invoice+Email&utm_campaign=Invoice+Email

Sent my two rock with them last week. No bother good tracking service too. Also can insure properly too .
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1008
    Didn't win it but I'll bear these in mind for the future. Thank you very much.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    a more appropriate title might have been   "which is the least unreliable courier"

:D

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BBB2005BBB2005 Frets: 12
    I could have had a bad experience today with an amp delivery by City Link. I organised my own courier through Interparcel, all went well up to the point that the van pulled up outside of my house. I opened the front door to hear a lot of banging about in the back of the van followed by my amp being rolled out of the back door and falling on the road. Luckily for me (and the driver) Dan from this forum had double boxed and used a significant amount of bubble wrap. 

So will I ever use City Link again......NO! but I am sure this is not untypical of what happens while parcels are in transit.

I would however recommend UPS through Interparcel, they are the Interparcel Economy courier and I have used them on 3 occasions and all items arrived as they should. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17935
    tFB Trader
    One thing to check is that many couriers exclude things with "glass components" from their insurance. 
    i.e. if they drop your amp you aren't covered. 
  • VenomVenom Frets: 8
    all couriers are reliable in my experience.

however 90% of the general public are incredibly incompetent, unreliable and lack any common sense. especially when it comes to packing things safely for shipment. and most are too stubborn to take any responsibilty themselves when things go wrong. easier to blame the courier...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    A couple of good quality double wall boxes, lots of bubble wrap and good quality tape are always your best friend!
  • FreddieVanHalenFreddieVanHalen Frets: 955
    edited March 2014
    Well, I would not recommend Direct Courier Solutions ( directcouriersolutions.co.uk ) as my experience of them today is that they'll simply fail to bother to show up and collect the item you had booked in with them.

Twats!!

My experience of interparcel was that they smashed the headstock of a guitar that was sent with them (and was properly packed tight inside its hard case and with decent double wall card and bubble round the outside of the case) although in their defence, their insurance did stump up for the rather expensive repair....

I am also all ears for any positive recommendations :-)
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2739
    Interparcel aren't a courier service themselves, they are a broker for other couriers, so you need to specify which courier service you have booked with them.

For example their economy service is UPS.

I personally only use courier services where the courier is responsible for the parcel from collection to delivery.

Services such as Yodel reply on what are essentially self employed drivers to do the final delivery.

Ultimately you get what you pay for.....