Facebook changes

What's Hot
I don't know if any of you have noticed but feeds on facebook have changed quite a bit.
Now I follow the facebook God, but his feeds have totally dried up. All I get now outside of family are feeds from
musicians I follow, Autism groups (my kids are autistic) and a few dog breed groups I follow.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16960
    it does seem like it favours the groups rather than individuals posts.
  • But I don't seem to get anything from groups that may be political any more e.g. facebook god, Have I got new for you, etc Almost like facebook is trying to eliminate politics from your page, so you have go and hunt it so no point in following anymore

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    I follow Ozzy Man Reviews and he posted this:

“Hey legends! Facebook has made changes to their news feed and this is resulting in Ozzy Man showing up in your life less on this platform. For about 3 weeks I've felt me page being throttled in terms of its reach. Old mate Zuckerberg wants to encourage "meaningful connections" on FB again in his goal to create a "global community" and promote "trustworthy news." I honestly dunno what that stuff means - it's all very elitist and grandiose I reckon - but yeah nah yeah from my end as an admin of the page it looks like it means less comedy and entertainment on FB. How has your personal news feed been looking? Mine is strange. 

My goal is purely to keep ya laughing. I'd argue global communities and meaningful interactions are an offshoot of that goal if I do it well. Anyway, whatever FB is doing it's fair dinkum clunky at the moment in my opinion. It's looking more and more like I'll be prioritising YouTube in 2018. I'm still figuring out what my posting schedule is going to be for videos and the blog on FB, but in the mean time, make sure you SUBSCRIBE to Ozzy Man on YOUTUBE. Cheers mates!”

It would appear Mr Suckerberg is changing the way we see the world again. 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    PC_Dave said:
    I follow Ozzy Man Reviews and he posted this:

“Hey legends! Facebook has made changes to their news feed and this is resulting in Ozzy Man showing up in your life less on this platform. For about 3 weeks I've felt me page being throttled in terms of its reach. Old mate Zuckerberg wants to encourage "meaningful connections" on FB again in his goal to create a "global community" and promote "trustworthy news." I honestly dunno what that stuff means - it's all very elitist and grandiose I reckon - but yeah nah yeah from my end as an admin of the page it looks like it means less comedy and entertainment on FB. How has your personal news feed been looking? Mine is strange. 

My goal is purely to keep ya laughing. I'd argue global communities and meaningful interactions are an offshoot of that goal if I do it well. Anyway, whatever FB is doing it's fair dinkum clunky at the moment in my opinion. It's looking more and more like I'll be prioritising YouTube in 2018. I'm still figuring out what my posting schedule is going to be for videos and the blog on FB, but in the mean time, make sure you SUBSCRIBE to Ozzy Man on YOUTUBE. Cheers mates!”

It would appear Mr Suckerberg is changing the way we see the world to make more money
    Fixed that for you.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31935
    I like it, I'm seeing a higher proportion of posts from my actual friends, instead of them being filtered out and overwhelmed by bullshit news and hilariously inappropriate 'suggested posts'. 

I honestly think it's healthier, unless you really do want your news and current affairs supplied by Facebook. 

I'm pretty cynical where Zuckerberg is concerned, but this does seem to be him bowing to public pressure rather than trying to make maximum profit.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I don't know if any of you have noticed but feeds on facebook have changed quite a bit.
    Now I follow the facebook God, but his feeds have totally dried up. All I get now outside of family are feeds from
    musicians I follow, Autism groups (my kids are autistic) and a few dog breed groups I follow.

I follow God, too. Looks like about 3 days since the last one in my feed. I’ve gone onto his page and tweeked the notifications. Hopefully that will make a difference. I’ll monitor it..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    usedtobe said:

I follow God, too. Looks like about 3 days since the last one in my feed. I’ve gone onto his page and tweeked the notifications. Hopefully that will make a difference. I’ll monitor it..
    Think that you may be in luck, he does tend to return after 3days.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2620
    tFB Trader
    On a pc, in the left hand column click see more to expand the menu, then click "pages feed" to see all the feeds from the pages you like.

Facebook has for a long time not always shown you posts from pages you like, which is highly annoying as I have missed good gigs as a result.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    BigMonka said:
    usedtobe said:

Think that you may be in luck, he does tend to return after 3days.
    Very good! =)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.