Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

making side dots visible on dark stages!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8842

Your stages are a bit bigger than the dog and duck though! ;)

At the Dog and Duck you can bring your own lights.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:

At the Dog and Duck you can bring your own lights.
    This is true! I was referencing @viz's backwards amp/monitor setup, not the lack of lighting though! 
  • vizviz Frets: 10763
    viz said:
    A bit off topic amd forgive me, but for me, deafness on stage is far more of a hindrance than blindness, it really is. Not being able to hear myself on stage has often resulted in me playing the wrong notes, but playing with my eyes shut, so long as I can hear myself, is never a problem.

I’ve recently re-jigged my live setup and it’s wonderful; now I point my amp to the back of the stage and mic it through the PA, and I run a 2nd passive wedge monitor from my amp’s 2nd output to my floor so I can really hear myself but the rest of the band don’t feel overpowered by guitar, and it’s amazing. I find myself looking at the audience much more. 
    That sounds like an interesting setup! 

Hope you're well mate!
    Ha! But actually the above is my small venue setting; maybe not dog and duck, but marquee or hall or whatever - it works really well. 

I’m fine thanks matey, hope you are too!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • The Novo Sectis has clever side dots, because Dennis Fano is the man (swoon)