Help - Boss Katana Practice Amp

I have been playing guitar for around 7 months and I'm looking to buy a good practice amp. I mostly play metal and an amp I've decided on wanting to buy is the Boss Katana 50w Combo amp. However, I saw the really great reviews on the Katana Mini and was wondering if that would be a better investment instead. I only plan on using the amp in my bedroom as I'm not in a band and therefore not planning on taking it for gigs. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1465
    If you don’t have to worry about space then get the 50w. Sounds great at really low volumes, nice linear volume control, loads of options and if you want to gig in the future it will do that as well.
  • photek said:
    If you don’t have to worry about space then get the 50w. Sounds great at really low volumes, nice linear volume control, loads of options and if you want to gig in the future it will do that as well.
    This^

They have also been going for stupidly cheap recently so you’ll be quids in and have a fantastic little practice amp.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11829
    Yeah get the 50

You can use it for jams practise and small gigs as well as in the bedroom on 0.5w mode.  On 50w it's genuinely loud.

A lot of people selling for 163 quid at the minute which is an insane bargain.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...