Pedal train soft case users, can you help?

mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 319
I have had a big cull in pedals recently and am looking to get a smaller board. I think it will all fit on a pedal train metro 20 but there will be some over hang of a couple of pedals or the power supply over either the front or back edge. I was wondering if there is enough slack in the soft case to allow for this (say an over hang of 4-5cm) or if the case fit really snug to the board and wouldn't allow this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dariusdarius Frets: 664
    I have pedaltrainjr. It's a pretty snug fit. It will probably fit but your zips will not enjoy the strain. Note that he new soft cases are totally different to the old (mine is old). I saw them at ye guitar Show yesterday, I think possibly even snigger with padding in the sides. Best go touch one if I were you. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617
    I've got a Metro 20. The case is fairly snug but there's a bit of give - what's sticking out and by how much?  I can try and simulate it if that would help?
  • PT2 here. It might work but only if you don’t have anything too tall. 50/50 I’d say 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Beexter said:
    I've got a Metro 20. The case is fairly snug but there's a bit of give - what's sticking out and by how much?  I can try and simulate it if that would help?
    It's going to be the rear surface of my pedal power 2+, over hang of about 5cm I think
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617
    edited February 2018
    I tried with a pedal overhanging by 5cm and I don't think you'll get away with it. I reckon a 2cm overhang is about your lot.

Here's what I have on my Metro 20, powered by a Cioks DC5 underneath...none of the pedals overhang - just some of the cables.
  • That's great, thanks @Beexter I really appreciate the help. Looks like I might have to go up a size to the classic jr. It would all fit on a metro 24 but don't really want anything that wide
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Beexter said:
    It's going to be the rear surface of my pedal power 2+, over hang of about 5cm I think

It's unfortunate that a PP2+ will not fit under a Metro pedalboard. A lot of guys use the DC5 which does fit under a Metro.

If you do change to a Classic Jnr you'll be able to mount the PP2+ below the taller board leaving loads of space for pedals. It is a much bulkier board than the Metro 20.

• @Jimbro66 @Beexter I have just found this UK company called pedal deck. Their 'solo' pedal has very similar dimensions to the metro 20 (just a bit more narrow at 18 inches) but you can mount the PP2+ underneath. Might be just what I'm looking for

http://www.pedaldeck.com/product/pedaldeck-solo-guitar-effects-pedal-board-and-professional-flight-case-bundle-inc-velcro-and-bracket/
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    @Jimbro66 @Beexter I have just found this UK company called pedal deck. Their 'solo' pedal has very similar dimensions to the metro 20 (just a bit more narrow at 18 inches) but you can mount the PP2+ underneath. Might be just what I'm looking for

http://www.pedaldeck.com/product/pedaldeck-solo-guitar-effects-pedal-board-and-professional-flight-case-bundle-inc-velcro-and-bracket/
    That looks pretty good. An interesting find and alternative to Pedaltrain, particularly being able to accommodate deeper PSUs below. If you get one please give us some feedback.