Vox AC30 Tag

What's Hot
Hi, First of all sorry if this is in the wrong sections, or if this is a stupid question. But I could do with some help.
My father passed away last year. He was an avid model collector, mostly Ferrari's, Fire engines.  He also ran many bands from the 1960's til late 2000's until his failing health.
Among his models which I was selling to pay for the care he needed for his last few years, and now too make a little extra cash for myself.
I found an old "About your Vox" leflet with guarantee card and a blue inspection tag from the original company from 1964 all in the original envelope..
I have listed it on ebay and have a guy offering me £50 for a buy now. But I have other people telling me it is worth more than that. I am stuck in the middle not knowing anything about it or what to do. I could honestly do with the money at the moment so if any is available i would be most grateful.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Let the auction run. That will tell you what it's worth.
  • Hey, I'm really sorry for your loss.

The value of a collectible item is always a tough call unfortunately and eBay auction finishing prices aren't a reliable indicator of an items real value either. Try finding someone who needs that item rather than risk losing it to an eBay bargain hunter.

You might be better off finding a Vox owners forum and offering it for sale to some vintage amp collectors looking to 'complete' their amp. There's a Vox group on FaceBook with over 5000 members so that could be a good starting point for you. Good luck
  • +1 for the Facebook group.  A lot of interest in 60s stuff on there.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    Vader2501 said:

I have listed it on ebay and have a guy offering me £50 for a buy now.
    If someone is trying to shortcut an auction with a Buy It Now offer, it's an almost guaranteed certainty that it's worth more than he's offering... or why would he do it, rather than just bidding that much and getting it for less?

Looking at it another way, if you had a mint 1964 AC30 and you were wanting to sell it, how much difference would it make to the value of the amp to have that leaflet and tag? Since the amp would be worth at least £2000.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Vader2501 said:

I have listed it on ebay and have a guy offering me £50 for a buy now.
    If someone is trying to shortcut an auction with a Buy It Now offer, it's an almost guaranteed certainty that it's worth more than he's offering... or why would he do it, rather than just bidding that much and getting it for less?

Looking at it another way, if you had a mint 1964 AC30 and you were wanting to sell it, how much difference would it make to the value of the amp to have that leaflet and tag? Since the amp would be worth at least £2000.
    Agreed. Common tactic used by dealers. If you want the best price, let the auction run. All it takes is two collectors who want it badly enough. Vox stuff is very collectable, blame the beatles.
  • Thanks for all the help. The auction ends this very evening, I will post and let everyone, who was very helpful and is interested  in knowing, know results. Thanks again for all your help.
  • The item made £68. For those interested. Not bad, and a little more than originally offered. Again thank you for the help.