New Cab Day

teradaterada Frets: 5114
edited March 2018 in Amps
Hi Everyone, 

Its been a long time since I've bought any gear, but thought I'd finally get something to go with the Retro 50.

Before this was playing through a super cheap Vox 1x12 which was ok, but this is much better.

Looking forward to the speakers breaking in a bit.

Its the 2x12 open back, and its great. Haven't had a chance to crank the amp through it yet, but I've been really surprised how nice it sounds at low volumes!

Anyway, couple of pics...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    That looks sweet! Had to listen  to a few videos to educate  myself on the retro 50. Sounds great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    Looks great, which is the main thing :).

If that has two V30s in it, try a Creamback G12H-75 as a replacement for at least one of them - probably the closest modern Celestion to the old G12H-30s that Orange used in the 70s, with enough power handling to match the V30 well and not be at any risk from the amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom