Possible new watch?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    I picked up an new watch yesterday -  heavily discounted.

Apparently some ‘club handed oafe’ had tried it on earlier in the day and somehow managed to drop it and mark the casing.

Still I got a £4K watch half price and they allowed me to watch the hilarious CCTV footage of the earlier incident.

;) 

Previously known as stevebrum
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7125
    tFB Trader
    mbe said:
    I would pick something from the Oris brand range. They do have enough heritage to be worthwhile investing in. 
    I have an Oris. I consider it a quality brand without the baggage associated with Omega and Rolex. Or the prices.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 784
    Glad you’re all sorted. Now, where’s the man-bag thread?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    That was ages ago,, you must have missed it. I got one from Japan that was suggested by holnrew for about £8.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3699
    I was going to suggest the Corums, quirky, a bit off piste but high quality but just seen you went for the Bremont. 
    mbe said:
    I would pick something from the Oris brand range. They do have enough heritage to be worthwhile investing in. 
    I have an Oris. I consider it a quality brand without the baggage associated with Omega and Rolex. Or the prices.
    Or the movements.  ;)

In house for Rolex, Co axial for Omega.

Oris use ETA which can also be found in far cheaper watches. I guess it depends on how horologically interested you are. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    That was ages ago,, you must have missed it. I got one from Japan that was suggested by holnrew for about £8.
    You could have gotten a bag for life from one of the supermarkets for 50p!

;)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    edited March 2018
    Neil said:
    mbe said:
    Or the movements.  ;)

Oris use ETA which can also be found in far cheaper watches. I guess it depends on how horologically interested you are. 

ORIS have used Sellita movements since 2002.

ORIS have made their own in-house movement, Calibre 110, since 2014.

mbe said:
    Neil said:
    mbe said:
    Or the movements.  ;)

ORIS have used Sellita movements since 2002.

ORIS have made their own in-house movement, Calibre 110, since 2014.

We both know Sellitas are just copies of ETA movements with a couple of screws changed.  ;)

Fair play on the 11X series though, basic but in house. 
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Neil said:
    mbe said:
    Or the movements.  ;)

OK I'll play.

ORIS have use Sellita movements since 2002 when Swatch stopped supplying ETA ebauches to watchmakers outside their group of companies.

ORIS have built their own in-house movement since 2014. The Calibre 110.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Unless I’m mistaken, the Breitling Navitimers I was looking at have only recently had an in-house movement with the introduction of the 01?

Unless I’m mistaken, the Breitling Navitimers I was looking at have only recently had an in-house movement with the introduction of the 01?
    Breitling had never previously made their own movements preferring to modify to a greater or lesser extent others movements, using first Venus and then Valjoux.  
    mbe said:
    Neil said:
    mbe said:
    Or the movements.  ;)

OK I'll play.

ORIS have use Sellita movements since 2002 when Swatch stopped supplying ETA ebauches to watchmakers outside their group of companies.

ORIS have built their own in-house movement since 2014. The Calibre 110.

Do you often repeat yourself?  ;)
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4305
    60yrs old.. This seems a lot to spend on a watch when you have so little time left.
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    CloudNine said:
    60yrs old.. This seems a lot to spend on a watch when you have so little time left.
    It's when you get to that age, mortgage paid, kids off hand that you can afford to treat yourself to some nice things. 
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4305
    Neil said:
    CloudNine said:
    It's when you get to that age, mortgage paid, kids off hand that you can afford to treat yourself to some nice things. 
    'Watch', 'Time' ? A little joke? Jeez, tough crowd....  ;)