Starling Bank

I've noticed a few billboards around Brum for https://www.starlingbank.com/
Anyone have any experience with them? 
I'm always curious about these sort of things but with a bank I'm a but more wary of just signing up. I know you don't have to use it as your main bank straight away so it's not like your switching from HSBC to Halifax or something 
Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 517
    edited March 2018
    I’ve just signed up because they don’t charge for use abroad and they convert at MasterCard base rate. Signing up was easy, the card came (with impressive packaging!) and so far I have no reason to believe it is anything other than a good bank. 

I got it to go abroad with though and won’t be using it as my main account.

edit: I should say it’s entirely app based and the app is superb. It allows you to set saving goals, create different money pots within the same account to help you set money aside for things... 

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I’ve just signed up because they don’t charge for use abroad and they convert at MasterCard base rate. Signing up was easy, the card came (with impressive packaging!) and so far I have no reason to believe it is anything other than a good bank. 

I got it to go abroad with though and won’t be using it as my main account.

edit: I should say it’s entirely app based and the app is superb. It allows you to set saving goals, create different money pots within the same account to help you set money aside for things... 
    Ive downloaded the app and signed up. Its pretty straight forward, took 5 mins even though the bourbon was taking hold, card is on the way. Free, so at least ill get to see what the fuss is about.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....