Screw guitars, I want an old skool synth

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6307
    The only bad thing about synths is that you can so easily disappear down the sound design rabbit hole instead of making music. You have a musical idea, start to find the right sound, find the wrong sound which suggests another musical idea, then you tweak that and about an hour later when you take a swig from a now-cold cup of coffee, you have no idea where the original idea went.

So I've got a ROMpler with a squillion presets on the way (having had Funky's JV-2080 and then an Integra 7). That's for working out musical ideas - no tweaking allowed! And on the other side of the 'studio' are the synths - analogue and digital - for twiddling.

But I still drink a lot of cold coffee.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    goldtop said:
    The only bad thing about synths is that you can so easily disappear down the sound design rabbit hole instead of making music. You have a musical idea, start to find the right sound, find the wrong sound which suggests another musical idea, then you tweak that and about an hour later when you take a swig from a now-cold cup of coffee, you have no idea where the original idea went.

So I've got a ROMpler with a squillion presets on the way (having had Funky's JV-2080 and then an Integra 7). That's for working out musical ideas - no tweaking allowed! And on the other side of the 'studio' are the synths - analogue and digital - for twiddling.

But I still drink a lot of cold coffee.
    Wait until you start reamping through your FX and amp chains  :)
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    I have always loved synths more than guitars but started with an electric guitar cos couldn't afford a synth when I was 16. from 3 years of Saturday job saving, it was either a Mini Korg 700s or a new FS1e and a SG copy and a Woolies amp. S/H weren't options in those days for good synth gear.

http://i64.tinypic.com/bfx41.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>