Truly great retail experience.

What's Hot
Well done the guys at Andertons.
Not only where they willing to take a whole bunch of gear in part exchange at a reasonable price, they also found the Helix LT I was looking at in B-Stock (a ripped cheat sheet) So I ended up not having to spend any actual cash.
Then as we where waiting for the unit to come from the warehouse  my son wanted to try out some cheap mini pedals.
So the guy serving us promptly gave my son a £3700 Custom shop strat to play.

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12542
    Not only where they willing to take a whole bunch of gear in part exchange at a reasonable price, they also found the Helix LT I was looking at in B-Stock (a ripped cheat sheet) So I ended up not having to spend any actual cash.
    Then as we where waiting for the unit to come from the warehouse  my son wanted to try out some cheap mini pedals.

Did you cack yourself, I wouldn't let my kids touch my roadworn telecaster!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1777
    ...but did you get a chance to touch Chappers??
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3087
    All too often we hear about poor retail experiences - so it's cool to hear of some balance in the force. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517

Was the Strat a relic or NOS?

If it's a relic and he puts another ding in it, they can call it a heavy relic and charge more!

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    munckee said:

Did you cack yourself, I wouldn't let my kids touch my roadworn telecaster!
    How would you know?

• randellarandella Frets: 4384
    Good on you for posting that, nice to get some balance. I haven’t been in Anderton’s for probably 25 years, I imagine things have moved on a little! I remember the service being good back in the day too. 

Sounds Great here in Manchester once did similar for me, I was only buying an overdrive box and the guy, after ascertaining that I’m a Strat player, nudged me down the pricey end of the rack where the freshly-arrived consignment of CS guitars lived. 

I wasn’t feeling at my sharpest so picked up a standard Mexi instead. He was jokingly disappointed but understood I think :)
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2504
    The great advantage of a relic strat is that it's hard to spot genuine play wear.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    On the whole Andertons is a great place to try and buy.

If you go after noon there are often several students nerding out near the Les Paul section and hogging the booths but the staff are helpful.
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I like the OP. Good to see some positivity and good cheer!
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    Good to hear, I`ve only ever had excellent service in there, great shop.