Peter Thorn & Dug Pinnick

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6224
Just great stuff here.
As a HUGE King'x X fan and a bass player as well as a guitarist I've always been blown away by Dugs bass-tone and singing.
At one point he was playing a 12 string bass - 3 strings per note and his sound was breathtaking.

Here he is with Mr Thorn talking about his new Tech 21 signature pedal. The guy is a legend.. and Pete knows it.
This is worthy of anyone's time :)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1593
    Interesting - I'd always thought his clangy tone was The result of the 12 string, scale length and down tuning. Didn't realise he'd had a guitar amp on top. Might see if I can copy it on helix
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5201
    horse said:
    Interesting - I'd always thought his clangy tone was The result of the 12 string, scale length and down tuning. Didn't realise he'd had a guitar amp on top. 
    Likewise. It really is fabulous. I need a loud dose of "Dogman" this afternoon I think.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6224
    horse said:
    Interesting - I'd always thought his clangy tone was The result of the 12 string, scale length and down tuning. Didn't realise he'd had a guitar amp on top. 
    Likewise. It really is fabulous. I need a loud dose of "Dogman" this afternoon I think.
    Here you go :)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5201
    equalsql said:
    horse said:
    Here you go :)

Ta. It was that very video on Noisy Mothers waaaay back that got me into King's X.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1593
    I saw them in Milton Keynes on the faith hope love tour, which was off the scale, and also at rock city on the dogman tour, although by that stage I hadn't listened to 'rock' for a few years and it was more nostalgic enjoyment. Doug is a great soul / gospel vocalist as well as a riffmeister