Marshall JCM800 reissue (modded)

rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 838
edited April 2018 in Amps
Ok, I sent my JCM 800 to be modded by Dan Gower. I’ve refrained from chuntering on about how great a sounding amp it is until now. Honeymoon period is pretty much over so now it either earns its crust or it’s on the for for sale pile. I’m gigging it tonight in Havant (its her second gig) first was ok but I hadn’t really dialled her in and got used to her. Now I’m ready. 
Ive used loads of amps and punted most of them on but came back to Friedman butterslax heads and mostly an EVH 100 or occasionally a 50 head using combinations of cabs from 1x12’s to 2x12’s and 4x12’s depending on how I feel and size of gig. 
Ive never found the jcm 800 versatile enough for me but the EVH with its 3 channels was kind of ideal. Never been a fan of the red channel though. I’ve always loved the Marshall roar which I missed. Friedmans have the roar kept behind bars- for me anyway! EVH amps are nasal imho but I can put up with that to a certain extent.
I started with Marshalls and now nearly 40 years on I’m back to them! 
This thing is a wonderful sounding narly, rude impolite masterpiece! It’s highly versatile as Dan has put this amp together for ME! It’s even been called the Rodmonster mod (even though I’m Rockmonster on the forum it’s named after me- nice touch but totally by the by! )
Extra gain stage extra master and gain, thump, external bias, violence pot, boost, most of which are foot switchable- it looks pretty tame from the front- but tame it certainly isnt. 
I cant thank Dan enough for his top quality work- and such a nice guy to deal with.

https://i.imgur.com/g4IJENo.jpg
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    I want clips :)

Dan's work is always amazing!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    Dan is a legend and that’s high praise given what Marshallesque amps you’ve had down the years.

but we need clips
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 896
    Even a front and back pic would be good.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 838
    Gadget said:
    There you go!
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 896
    Gadget said:
    There you go!
    Thanks. Looks great :)
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    nice one Rod, you've been through them all, so this is high praise indeed.
    Never heard a bad word about Dan or his work...still might send my 800 his way :)

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

This definitely needs some demo clips :)

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2589
    tFB Trader
    Cool, but extra gain stage? I still see three ECC83's, and they are all used in the 2203 pre-amp??

anyway, sounds like fun, enjoy

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    Cool, but extra gain stage? I still see three ECC83's, and they are all used in the 2203 pre-amp??

anyway, sounds like fun, enjoy

Many of these mods rewire the cathode follower drinving the tone stack as a stand common cathode stage to provide more gain.