NAD - Vintage 47 Supro Supreme

PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1486
I've wanted one of these for a long time and finally one came up on Reverb.  They use all octal valves, 5Y3 rectifier, metal cased 6SQ7 preamp, 6SL7 inverter and 2 6V6GT power tubes.  These give it a 12 watt class AB push pull circuit. that is cathode biased and it has a 10 inch Weber alnico speaker.

The sound was everything that I had been hoping for.  It has great cleans and can drive a bit when pushed.  I am still in the honeymoon period and haven't tried it with pedals yet, as the clean tones are so good.  Just a volume and tone, with 3 inputs, which all have slightly different sensitivities, so you can get a bit more drive as you go through them.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That looks great! I wish there were more/better demos around. I reckon a lot of early rock and roll and blues would have been recorded on Valco style amps like this. But so many demos are a bit ‘rock God’ for me.

i have the Suitcases model, similar to the Spectator. I may sell it, only cos a pal made me a Spectator clone and they do sound very similarly 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1486
    I quite fancy the Spectator too, but the suitcase always looks a bit weird to me.  I wanted to go on his Build Your Own Amp day, but they don't seem to be on anymore (and you end up with a suitcase amp!).
  • Oh yep, a bit weird is good! Plus that Supreme ain’t exactly a shy fellah hey? Great sounding amps and they have their own voice, maybe a bit tweedy but versatile