Any Arsenal supporters fancy their chances in Russia?

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
Europa League: Arsenal to face CSKA Moscow. I bet Wenger is wishing he lost now .....

Wonder if any Gooners would dare travel .. get your Anthrax jabs first .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12578
    If I won tickets to the world cup even I wouldn't go.  English fans are magnets for hooligans everywhere anyway, the russians will be supported by the police and kgb.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    munckee said:
    If I won tickets to the world cup even I wouldn't go.  English fans are magnets for hooligans everywhere anyway, the russians will be supported by the police and kgb.  
    Totally agree, but we have a lot of knuckle draggers in England so I bet some hot heads will go looking for a fight.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Fretwired said:
    ...but we have a lot of knuckle draggers in England

English footie fans dragging their knuckles, goes well with those Russian government officials with reduced arm swing on the right side... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    munckee said:
    Totally agree, but we have a lot of knuckle draggers in England so I bet some hot heads will go looking for a fight.

I knew someone who was a regular traveler with England (non violent kind) until 98 in France when he said they were targeted so much by the north african element of french trouble makers (who knew) that he gave up, that will be nothing compared to the 'mauling in moscow' as I am coining first!
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    i was listening to summat on the radio a few weeks back, and they had some russian government official on there about this very subject. he said that the leaders of the hooligan elements had had a 'very forceful' knock on the door in the wee small hours and been dragged off to somewhere, there they had been told in no uncertain terms that any bother with foreign fans, and a lot of them would be serving time in one of those prisons you see on 'discovery' channel documentaries. you know the ones in very cold places,where the prisoners wear black uniforms and little hats?.that vlad didn't want the name of mother russia dragging through the dirt in the eyes of the west.

mind you that was before they used nerve agent in england!, so...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    cacophony said:
    i was listening to summat on the radio a few weeks back, and they had some russian government official on there about this very subject. he said that the leaders of the hooligan elements had had a 'very forceful' knock on the door in the wee small hours and been dragged off to somewhere, there they had been told in no uncertain terms that any bother with foreign fans, and a lot of them would be serving time in one of those prisons you see on 'discovery' channel documentaries. you know the ones in very cold places,where the prisoners wear black uniforms and little hats?.that vlad didn't want the name of mother russia dragging through the dirt in the eyes of the west.

Eastern European football hooligans are hard. They arrange fights with each which are popular to watch. Fights are now broadcast live on TV.

Football hooligans - Russia v Poland - WARNING - this is brutal if you are squeamish.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Fucksake!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Those Russkis were doing a rather good impression of 10-day old lettuce.

If that's what they're like, then it's the Polish nutters that the English fans have got to watch come the World Cup.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15860
    the last worldcup I think it was (the one in france, or was that the euros?) there was a lot of trouble between English fans and Russian "fans". To my eye (which, in this instance is not untrained) the Russians looked and fought much more like a military unit, they looked trained and drilled to fight in a coordinated team, not as a bunch of pissed up nutters. I'd be willing to bet they were some description of para military organisation, probably drawn from the more elite units of the Russian military (think paras etc.). With that in mind, any English football fan would have to have a fucking deathwish to go anywhere near Russia right now. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871
    I think I'd steer clear of the buffet.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73048
    edited March 2018
    VimFuego said:

To my eye (which, in this instance is not untrained) the Russians looked and fought much more like a military unit, they looked trained and drilled to fight in a coordinated team, not as a bunch of pissed up nutters. I'd be willing to bet they were some description of para military organisation, probably drawn from the more elite units of the Russian military (think paras etc.).
    They still have the equivalent of National Service in Russia, so almost all young men will have recent military training. It won't be too hard to call on that if whoever takes control of a gang of hooligans wants to.

This was part of Putin's excuse for the invasions of Ukraine - that the 'volunteers' seen in Ukraine weren't actual Russian soldiers, just ex-conscripts wearing their old uniforms. Presumably they had taken their armoured personnel carriers and anti-aircraft missiles home with them as well...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Fretwired said:
    cacophony said:

Eastern European football hooligans are hard. They arrange fights with each which are popular to watch. Fights are now broadcast live on TV.

Football hooligans - Russia v Poland - WARNING - this is brutal if you are squeamish.

Brutal? I have worse play fights than that with my kids : )
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12361
    edited March 2018
    REALLY great chance for Arsenal fans to get rid of Wenger and make it look like Putin did it...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    Fretwired said:
    cacophony said:

Brutal? I have worse play fights than that with my kids : )
    People may view this in a public space like their office with others present who may be of a nervous disposition.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
    They're Gooners that's for sure...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Wonder if any Gooners would dare travel .. get your Anthrax jabs first .. :-)
    Got all mine done years ago:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2d/62/c6/2d62c65efb3d33569a13affeeaed7ee9.jpg

\m/

;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Fretwired said:
    cacophony said:

Lol, reminds me of the wrestling in World of Sport with Dickie Davies in the 70s.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    Not nearly enough intestines spilled for public entertainment
     ........The Romans got it right the first time