ebay insertion fees

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071
edited March 2018 in Off Topic

Just looked at my account on the bay and I have a whole bunch of "insertion fees" WTF

I thought items were free tae put up for sale....am I missin' somethin' here?

if they take 35p per item (CDs) for insert fees do they still take their 10% as usual when item sells ?

failing a sale, they are not going tae take the 35p fee for a particular item every month, are they?

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1531
    edited March 2018
    Yes, but it's worse than that, add 3.5% for paypal fees, also their fees are "plus VAT" since the brexit vote, and the 10% is applied to your postage charges too. So sometimes you can expect to pay about 20% in fees in total, depending on the price of the item and how much you are charging for postage.

If you are selling cheap items it is worth getting your calculator out to see if you are making any profit. Don't forget to include your time too, you don't want to work for nothing - photographing, listing and packing can take up a lot of your time.

Usually anything that sells for under £3 on ebay is only going to make you pennies, and not worth the effort. Take them to the charity shop or something instead.

Cut costs by sending second class, and measure them to see if they can go as large letter.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GluedtoMusicGluedtoMusic Frets: 74
    edited March 2018 tFB Trader
    hootsmon said:

Just looked at my account on the bay and I have a whole bunch of "insertion fees" WTF

I thought items were free tae put up for sale....am I missin' somethin' here?

Personal accounts should get 20 listings free (they regularly do up to 100 listings free as an offer) but bear in mind there are lots of optional extras when listing on eBay, subtitles, extra images, reserve price, buy it now option, scheduling listings to start etc. so that might be where you are getting caught out.
    hootsmon said:

if they take 35p per item (CDs) for insert fees do they still take their 10% as usual when item sells ?

Yes they will take their final value fee on top of any insertion fee.
    hootsmon said:

failing a sale, they are not going tae take the 35p fee for a particular item every month, are they?

You normally get 1 relisting free, after that I think they charge.
    Supplier of Gotoh, Fender, Gibson, Faber, Schaller, Hipshot, Floyd Rose, TonePros, Graph Tech, Hosco luthier tools and many more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom