Just bought a Kemper... N(P)AD!!

What's Hot
PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
edited March 2018 in Amps
I know, I know, there’s a plethora of threads saying the same thing, but this is genuinely a big deal for me. I’ve not been playing much do to various reasons, and when I have been playing it’s been mostly acoustic. I want to get my electric playing back up to scratch, and a big thing for me is having a decent sound while I do so. I’ll be bedroom playing for a while, so I’m looking for recommendations for headphones and studio monitors, and then in the future a possible foray into ‘FRFR’ in the future.

Any and all advice gratefully received, and thanks in advance chaps!

Dave

EDIT - Just plugged the thing in for the first time, and my god I’m impressed. I’m not exactly a good player, but this thing sounds amazing! I’m not even using decent enough headphones or monitors yet and I’m so extremely chuffed, even with the basic free amp profiles!! Think I’m gonna be good friends with this for a long while!! 
This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited March 2018
    Sennheiser HD600, very neutral sounding and comfortable to boot. Being an open-back design they also allow your ears to "breath".
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Depends what model Kemper you have for speakers (powered/non). I got some powered Yamaha HS5s and then DT250s or B&O H6 for headphones. Both closed back as I prefer that and it doesn't annoy anyone near as much.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33819
    Congratulations.

May I have first dibs on it? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    Depends what model Kemper you have for speakers (powered/non). I got some powered Yamaha HS5s and then DT250s or B&O H6 for headphones. Both closed back as I prefer that and it doesn't annoy anyone near as much.
    It’s a non-powered unit - figured I didn’t need the powered option for my use case, and I got this one at a good price.

Incidentally I was looking at the HS5’s last night. Will look some more....

I had looked at the Beyerdynamic DT990’s for headphones - it really doesn’t matter about sound leak as it’s only me in the near vicinity :) 
  • If you have a bit of money to spend, seriously think about Genelec's, I have a pair of 8020's and they're brilliant. Not the cheapest, but certainly give me the results I wanted. They rarely give me ear fatigue, and that's a massive thing for me. My old Adam's wore me out very quickly.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    If you have a bit of money to spend, seriously think about Genelec's, I have a pair of 8020's and they're brilliant. Not the cheapest, but certainly give me the results I wanted. They rarely give me ear fatigue, and that's a massive thing for me. My old Adam's wore me out very quickly.
    Will check them out, thanks for the recommendation 
    Updated title as it’s my new (profiling) amp day! :)
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2376
    Enjoy it, still love using mine :)
    PVO_Dave said:
    Enjoy it, still love using mine :)
    Thanks mate - once I work out how to use it I think it’s going to be perfect for me :) 
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    I'm interested in a Kemper too - did you go with the powered one?
    I'm interested in a Kemper too - did you go with the powered one?
    No, the unpowered one - at home it’s to be used with headphones or monitors (probably the JBL LSR305’s), and if I get gigging again it will be with something like an Alto TS212, so no need for the powered version.