0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    So. Kemper is good isn't it!
    You got one?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cabicular said:
    So. Kemper is good isn't it!
    You got one?
    I have indeed, came yesterday and it's impressed me a lot. Now I've tried the big three, I'm convinced that I ended up with the right one for me. I'll get through the honeymoon period (and the 14 day returns period) before writing up my thoughts, but for me, right now, the Kemper is just blowing me away.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • MrMentaLMrMentaL Frets: 29
    Cabicular said:
    I still am very happy with the lightning jack 4 by MBritt 
    took my Kemper to rehearsal instead of the Helix.
    I have to say that amp sounded amazing. There is some mid range type ring the Kemper does in almost every profile. I can’t un-notice it now.
    as an amp I would use it but I just struggle to replace the Helix purely down to the FX
    The Kemper FX sound great don’t get me wrong, but by fuck it’s a fiddle.
    Can't quite work out if you prefer Kemper or Helix for amp? Is that "mid-range type thing" good or bad? Cheers
    @Cabicular have any thoughts on the above? I'm looking for some advice re:Kemper as I'm looking to purchase.

Also, does anyone know of any good, tight metal profiles?
    You’re well sorted for tight metal profiles on the Kemper. There’s some great free packs from Lasse Lamert and Lars Luttge/Tonehammer. 

Reampzone and Choptones are killer too, and there’s loads more.
    That's awesome, I'll keep an eye out, thank you!

Cabicular said:
    Cabicular said:
    I still am very happy with the lightning jack 4 by MBritt 
    took my Kemper to rehearsal instead of the Helix.
    I have to say that amp sounded amazing. There is some mid range type ring the Kemper does in almost every profile. I can’t un-notice it now.
    as an amp I would use it but I just struggle to replace the Helix purely down to the FX
    The Kemper FX sound great don’t get me wrong, but by fuck it’s a fiddle.
    Can't quite work out if you prefer Kemper or Helix for amp? Is that "mid-range type thing" good or bad? Cheers
    @Cabicular have any thoughts on the above? I'm looking for some advice re:Kemper as I'm looking to purchase.

Also, does anyone know of any good, tight metal profiles?
    I'm not sure either to be honest JT. I really enjoyed it at the gig (I've got some footage that is needing edited) the two amp profiles I used were the Matchless DC 30 for the clean and the Lighting Jack 3 and 4 for the grit and metal tonez. But then I took the Helix to rehearsal last night and it sounded pretty damn good.
    I racked the helix and kemper together in an 8 u rack and patch the Kemper into one of the Helix send and return blocks.,..
    Then I decided to sit and have a think about my life choices and how I ended up here

Haha, thanks! I've been there too. It's overwhelming sometimes isn't it! Option paralysis!
    I too vote for ReampZone, lol :P