Jaden Rose Guitars - The Thread of Stuff and Things and Sometimes Guitars.

What's Hot
JadenJaden Frets: 251
edited August 2013 in Making & Modding
Hi all, as mentioned somewhere else by @digitalscream I am often to be found out and about crashing dirtbikes, riding quads, playing rugby, mountain biking and generally looking around for my next injury.

when im not doing that stuff I can be found in my workshop making guitars.

there are loads of pictures to be found on facebook of the cutout nicely presented pictures of finished guitars but in this thread ill get some works in progress posted as well as pics of the workshop and what happens when I close the doors :)

enjoy, discuss :)

this is the last thing I made just because I wanted to rather than it being a customer order..

Jaden Rose Guitars :: Jaden Rose Guitars on Facebook :: My Facebook :: YouTube

The young do not know enough to be prudent, therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26782
    Oooo....the headstock looks even better than I thought it would :)

By the way, I fixed the broken images up there ^^ (looked like an embed fail from PhotoBucket). Just one of the many services we provide over here :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    That's a bit nice :)
  • JadenJaden Frets: 251
    Oooo....the headstock looks even better than I thought it would :)

By the way, I fixed the broken images up there ^^ (looked like an embed fail from PhotoBucket). Just one of the many services we provide over here :)
    thanks man, I know, I linked em up a few times and always got weirdness...

lets see if youtube works ok !

a "new bike" ride - just as im healing from the last knock I had coming off...

The young do not know enough to be prudent, therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28738
    I do like the textured look of the body - is that wenge?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    I do like the textured look of the body - is that wenge?
    yes bud the body and headstock laminate are both wenge.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    working on this today.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

That's very nice Jaden. ^^ Loving the finish.

Sadly my rugby days are over, mostly cos my body is borked. 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    I've wanted a Jaden Rose for yonks, this thread won't help!
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10725
    tFB Trader
    Very nice indeed :)

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26782
    Bidley said:
    I've wanted a Jaden Rose for yonks, this thread won't help!
    Pretty much what happened over on Rob Chapman's forum. I thought I was joining an exclusive club when I got mine, now every bugger's got one :D
    <space for hire>
    edited August 2013
    the rest of my day.... sadly no riding, just graft :p

it was my first time fitting and setting up the Evertune bridge.  Nice system !

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27697
    Jaden said:
    Any tips, dos & don'ts, etc?

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.

TTony said:
    Jaden said:
    Any tips, dos & don'ts, etc?

yea,
    DO read the stuff on their site and make sure you have studied the drawings
    DONT - well not sure really, its a pretty easy install.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    Awesome guitars! 

The bike video looks like fun as well, I'd love a quad bike for that stuff.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11638
    tFB Trader
    What a good idea this thread is Jaden - as you can keep adding to it now and keep updates flowing  and we can all easily look back and see previous updates we may have missed.
    It also eliminates the need for multiple threads which can be harder to find them all if you are looking for something you read a while back.
    I may have to do something similar myself

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17673
    tFB Trader
    What a good idea this thread is Jaden - as you can keep adding to it now and keep updates flowing  and we can all easily look back and see previous updates we may have missed.
    It also eliminates the need for multiple threads which can be harder to find them all if you are looking for something you read a while back.
    I may have to do something similar myself
    Great idea Jonathan. Would love to see a Feline thread.

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    ooh i was going to ask about Evertune, does the extra routing mean an upcharge in addition to the price of the unit or is no worse than doing a Floyd ?

ooh i was going to ask about Evertune, does the extra routing mean an upcharge in addition to the price of the unit or is no worse than doing a Floyd ?
    no extra cost for the routing but.... the bridge itself is very expensive, somewhere (depending on exchange rate) in the region of £350-400

more weekend-y type stuff...
    this enduro race track is in development, pretty soon you'll be able to come here and hire a bike to cane around it :D

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    At the risk of blinding myself, is there any chance of a proper picture of the pink thing with the fake f-hole?
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."