Excellent level of sales detail for a (nearly) £2k amp...

What's Hot

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2356
    edited March 2018

Andertons are among the worst shops for the detail they include with second hand listings. 

Rich Tone slightly edge them however - although their photos are usually very good, their are no real descriptions of any issues that exist other than a basic grading system that ranges from 'lots of scratches' to 'very good'.

Coda are usually very good, although often don't state quite how good a condition something is in (playing it cautiously I expect) - I've had some guitars from Coda that could have passed as brand new, but were described as 'good' condition.  I like it how Coda have started displaying photos of used guitars on the weighing scales nowadays too.

GuitarGuitar are the best of the big boys in my opinion for their descriptions, although only ever include two  photos of a used guitar.  No-one can touch Mark at Guitars4You for sheer detail, but then most of his stock is used so it pays off to describe the guitars at such length.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    edited March 2018
    I'm very wary of buying from Andertons now, after purchasing a secondhand pedal, then being told by email that I had been refunded as 'the manufacturer has discontinued this product'!
    It then stayed on their website for another two weeks for some other poor mug to 'buy'!
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Coda are very accurate with their descriptions on the phone and have sent me additional photos in the past when I’ve asked. I’d have zero issues buying second hand gear from them but would call first if I wanted more info 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1446
    @Heartfeltdawn had one of those once. I could be tempted if it was about £500 cheaper, but for £2k I'd be coming home with a JMI' original.
  • edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
    I bought it before Christmas, sounded lovely but it had an odd fault, where it would periodically lose volume for a few seconds, so I took it back a few days later for them to get it sorted.
    However, ended up exchanging it for a Z Wreck.

It was intermittent, so would either test it for a while and check with them, that it got sorted.

quite surprised they still have after all this time
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Andertons had a mex Fender 60s Jazz Bass second-hand (priced at the upper end of market value) that I liked the look of. Went to check it out and the listing had failed to mention that the frets had been filed down to stumps, and it was absolutely unplayable as a result. If I had bought it blind online, I'd have been furious.