Line 6 HX Effects

What's Hot
thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
Appreciate there is a thread buried further down with an ambiguous title, but thought it could do with its own thread now its out in the bad mad world.

I bought one last week, have only had about 2 hours on it, and that was through my pc, but am home next week so should be able to have a damn good thrash on it.   I've got a gig at hte weekend, but probably won't use it for that as I want to try dialing in my sounds first.

It could potentially be what I'm looking for - I want to keep my strymon sunset, and probably my old proco rat, cae wah, and bbe sonic stomp on the board, and use it predominantly for delays/modulations/reverb and compression, maybe flirt with the drives now and again but never found the ones on modelling quite as good (I'm aware the sunset is digital but its fecking awesome..)

what are other owners thoughts on  the HX so far?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
    Initially fabulous, becoming dreadful later

;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Seriously toying with buying one but to use in an fx loop with my other pedals as I found the Helix F/X were ok but nothing spectacular
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9554

;)
    Was this the tone suck issue mate ?
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    edited March 2018

as it will become dreadful or has become dreadful?
  • Got it, loved it.

sounded great when there wasn’t incessant hum.
    did all the ground lifts. Bought isolation boxes and then realised I couldn’t be bothered with it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited March 2018
    Wow. I have to say that initial reviews haven't been great.

I've still to hear a great demo, particularly on the drives, although this recent one wasn't bad and I liked Paul Hindmarsh's first one -

There's a very small bit right at the end about Impulse Responses (I didn't realise it had these as well)

• althyalthy Frets: 92
    edited March 2018
    Delays are very good, the KWB, Klon, Timmy and Dod secret od too.. struggling to find any sound i like with the other models.. the interface feels a bit laggy.. not a big fan
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895

;)
    No, not got one...just making a facetious comment about how things often go on here with new gear. Although, sounds like there hasn't been much of a honeymoon with this unit. :)
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328

;)
    No, not got one...just making a facetious comment about how things often go on here with new gear. Although, sounds like there hasn't been much of a honeymoon with this unit. :)
    Teething problems possibl? . I spent three months fiddling with an fx8 And Never Was Happy With it. I'm hoping the hx is different. If I can get good sounds for delay reverb mods n compression I'll be ecstatic.