Joe Bonamassa LA Greek Theatre ticket prices!

What's Hot
I am lucky enough to be in Los Angeles on holiday 1st week August and coincidentally Joe Bonamassa is playing at the LA Greek Theatre while I am there, which is not at all far from our hotel so I thought I would look up ticket prices as it would be good to go and see him at the lovely open air Greek Theatre venue in the Hollywood Hills.

$545+fees for a seat in Zone A! The cheaper seats are $129+fees.

Fuck that, I'll watch the Youtube videos when they come out.

No wonder he can afford to build his 'Nerdsville' and fill it with vintage tweed amps and Les Pauls.

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Makes the £50-odd to see Jeff Beck here in the UK this summer an absolute bargain.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3171
    tFB Trader
    Out of interest, what are the ticket prices for other artists playing the same venue? That’d give you a good of idea of the ‘Bonamassa’ surcharge
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I don’t think JB sets the prices or sees as much of that as you’d think, surely? Whoever owns the venue knows it’s a unique place so perhaps they’re exploiting that? I’m not sure if the venue “leases” the venue for a fee or if they pay bands to come and play (I really have no idea which way it gets done) but I imagine a normal gig venue wouldn’t charge as much for JB tickets. I could be wrong, just speculating. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    A friend of mine posted on Facebook that he was going to see him in Manchester and was ‘very’ excited about it. 

Interestingly, he’s not mentioned whether the show was any good.

I’m guessing ‘that’ much guitar was simply too much....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    lonestar said:
    I don’t think JB sets the prices or sees as much of that as you’d think, surely? Whoever owns the venue knows it’s a unique place so perhaps they’re exploiting that? I’m not sure if the venue “leases” the venue for a fee or if they pay bands to come and play (I really have no idea which way it gets done) but I imagine a normal gig venue wouldn’t charge as much for JB tickets. I could be wrong, just speculating. 
    Some of the mid range tickets for Bonamassa's concert at The Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich London in July 2016 would have cost me £136. I think the top price (excluding VIP) was over £200, and there were cheaper seats, but these were in the toilets.

Joe & his management have now decided to release a CD/DVD/Blueray/Double Vinyl album of this British Blues Explosion concert (along with a whole load of merchandise). Makes you wonder.

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    I'm pretty sure the cheapest tickets you could get when he played the CIA in Cardiff were £85 and the most expensive was close to 150. Although not a massive fan I would quiet like to see him live, not at those prices though!

I am lucky enough to be in Los Angeles on holiday 1st week August and coincidentally Joe Bonamassa is playing at the LA Greek Theatre while I am there, which is not at all far from our hotel so I thought I would look up ticket prices as it would be good to go and see him at the lovely open air Greek Theatre venue in the Hollywood Hills.

No wonder he can afford to build his 'Nerdsville' and fill it with vintage tweed amps and Les Pauls.

@RandallFlagg  Just noticed Bonamassa has already got an album and DVD of him appearing at the Greek Theatre back in 2015. Seems to be a new release like the aforementioned Royal Naval College concert.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    how much ? fuck that i have an upper limit in ticket prices for any artist and Jobo is well beyond that 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    fandango said:

@RandallFlagg  Just noticed Bonamassa has already got an album and DVD of him appearing at the Greek Theatre back in 2015. Seems to be a new release like the aforementioned Royal Naval College concert.

Yes I've seen that, he released 5 or 6 songs from it in 1080P on Youtube which is enough for me. I used Clipgrab and have stuck copies of them in iTunes as music videos!

I think 2 hours of guitar noodling would be a bit much but I just thought I'd have a look as we'll be there in LA at the time. I'm sure it will be a different show to the "3 Kings" he did back in 2015

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I've seen JB a few times in the past, and never been disappointed, it's always been a good show. But I just wouldn't bother at those prices.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    I’m sure I read somewhere that JB and his management does his own promotion and sets the ticket prices? Whatever, his prices are really OTT compared to others, Jeff Beck is charging a hell of a lot less on his latest tour. I guess they charge what they think the market will bear, but I remember Joe plugging the Greenwich gig on Facebook right up to a few days before, so I think they were struggling to shift the top priced tickets. Just smacks of greed to me. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 984
    Seen him once before in Hammersmith...think I paid around £22 for the ticket.  Absolute disgrace that he is charging that amount, you could go on holiday for those prices.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    I saw him a year before he played RAH at The Boom Boom Club, Sutton (£12).

Mind you, I hear Steve Tyler is doing a solo gig this summer in the UK and tickets are over £100 at the O2 Forum (Kentish Town).
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    He's trying to earn whilst he's in a position to draw crowds that'll pay that sort of money. Entertainment is a fickle business, he could be back to charging £12 per ticket in a year or two and I think he knows that.

Saying that, I personally wouldn't pay $500+ to see him. 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Kebabkid said:
    I saw him a year before he played RAH at The Boom Boom Club, Sutton (£12).

Me too. Small world. I saw him at Shepherds Bush too, before he got mega pricey, think that one was £25. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    I haven't been to a gig at one of the big venues in years. The prices are simply ridiculous. You're miles from the stage (unless you pay the even-more-ridiculous prices) and all you are left with is a screen in the distance and generally iffy sound.

No thanks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited March 2018
    scrumhalf said:
    I haven't been to a gig at one of the big venues in years. The prices are simply ridiculous. You're miles from the stage (unless you pay the even-more-ridiculous prices) and all you are left with is a screen in the distance and generally iffy sound.

No thanks.
    Yep, I remember U2 at Manchester City Ground in 2005, up in the rafters and felt completely disengaged with the whole gig, could't make out anything on the stage and as it was August the sun was shining on the screens so couldn't see much of those either until about the last 20 minutes, it was too quiet as well.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22163

$545 isn't the most expensive. Of the ones still for sale, the closest to the stage are $750 + fees. 

Madness. 

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22163
    There is one quirk with the Greek Theatre. For Bonamassa, admission is for all ages. For the Liam Gallagher and Richard Ashcroft gig, nobody under the age of 2 is allowed in. For Tom Jones, it's 5. 

Tom Jones more damaging for kids than Liam Gallagher? The mind boggles. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    I paid just over £100 to see David Gilmour last year. Gilmour!! David Gilmour! Yes, *that* David Gilmour!

Which would you rather?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom