Keith Richards = Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged?

What's Hot
http://www.nme.com/photos/the-razor-tongue-of-keith-richards-17-artists-he-s-slammed-from-david-bowie-to-oasis-1406001

• He's lived way longer than anyone might reasonably expect, given his lifestyle
  • He's insulted a lot of people (but whether he did it in alphabetical order I couldn't say)

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Elton John's comeback was spectacularly good though:

"It’s like a monkey with arthritis, trying to go on stage and look young."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I wonder what some of those artists he insulted would think about Dirty Work?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    He was absolutely right about "Rap music in general"
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4276
    Given what he's ripped off down the years he might want to take a look in the mirror - ideally one that's wall mounted and not sitting on the coffee table with a rolled-up twenty.

Bloody funny though, and he was right about the Grateful Dead.  Sid Vicious deploying a classic comeback but Elton's just about pips it.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835

You are a man after my own heart.

Wiz'd

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    Hmmm... maybe he should stick to dicking around in Johnny Depp movies now.

He's a legend, but clearly one who doesn't really listen to music.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1947
    I love some of his music, but after reading his autobiography, I think he's a tool. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    It's just one guys ranting. To be honest I think that the fools are those that feel they need to give a retort
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I have to agree with him on some, though.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9745
    Lodious said:
    I love some of his music, but after reading his autobiography, I think he's a tool. 
    ^ Absolutely this.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1249
    I like Keith for the fact he just says what he's thinking with no diplomacy, and doesn't really care what others think about him.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    m_c said:
    I like Keith for the fact he just says what he's thinking with no diplomacy, and doesn't really care what others think about him.
    In a situation like this, always ask the question: "What would Keef do?" 

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    SRich said:
    m_c said:
    In a situation like this, always ask the question: "What would Keef do?" 
    He'd clonk the lot of us in the head with a Telecaster of course :)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7816
    Razor tongue? Hardly. 

Phil_aka_Pip said:
    Any of us could piss on any form of music we don't like. 

He's just one old man ranting, which is a shame.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31678
    I like ol' Keef, but street styles like rap are hardly likely to push the buttons of a grammar school boy who's been a millionaire since he was a teenager. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    Phil_aka_Pip said:

Any of us could piss on any form of music we don't like understand. 

He's just one old man ranting, which is a shame.
    I'm not a massive rap/hip hop fan either - although there is some I like, at the more accessible end of the spectrum - but I wouldn't dismiss it as crap. What makes good rap good is completely different from what makes rock'n'roll good, in general.

I'm pretty sure Bowie wasn't all just posing either...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I don't like Rap for reasons other than the reasons for which I don't like Country, 19th Century music from the "classical" tradition, and quite a lot of 'pop'. For those kinds of music they are not to my taste. Rap is different. Most people would agree that music consists of rhythm, melody, and harmony; these elements are present in different proportions when you consider for example the differences between Indian music and Renaissance polyphony, but I think you can argue that all 3 elements do exist in some form. You can't say that about Rap. I'm not saying it isn't entertainment or that it can't carry a message, but it does strike me more as poetry accompanied by a drum beat, and as such two vital elements are missing: melody and harmony. Hence I 100% agree with Keef. (Cue protests from rap lovers ...)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4327
    I don't like Rap for reasons other than the reasons for which I don't like Country, 19th Century music from the "classical" tradition, and quite a lot of 'pop'. For those kinds of music they are not to my taste. Rap is different. Most people would agree that music consists of rhythm, melody, and harmony; these elements are present in different proportions when you consider for example the differences between Indian music and Renaissance polyphony, but I think you can argue that all 3 elements do exist in some form. You can't say that about Rap. I'm not saying it isn't entertainment or that it can't carry a message, but it does strike me more as poetry accompanied by a drum beat, and as such two vital elements are missing: melody and harmony. Hence I 100% agree with Keef. (Cue protests from rap lovers ...)
    You are pigeon holing a very diverse genre. It's not all the same, and it's not all purely beats and lyrics. I can assure you rap music can have all the elements you require, to call itself music. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    @CHRISB50 OK, I just haven't heard any. That which I have heard, I don't call music, and it doesn't make me think "I must listen to some more of this".
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    This is ace though