Impossible to find?

meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
Hello all, 

I am trying to find an input transformer for a Fender Pro Sonic

Can you guys recommend someone or a site that might special in weird and hard to find things?

Thanks in advance
The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    I assume you've tried Fender UK?

If they can't help, it might be worth checking what other amps could have a similar spec PT and which would fit. The problem is that valve-rectified amps of that power are fairly rare… although the Mesa Dual Rectifier might be a candidate. It's a more powerful amp, but that shouldn't be a problem as long as the transformer isn't too large to physically fit. On the other hand Mesa parts aren't exactly easy to get over here either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6237
    tFB Trader
    If you email the tube amp doctor:

with your specs of the amp I'm certain he'll recommend the correct transformer you need. its a great company and very helpful. If you are after an upgrade etc, email mercurymagnetics and they'll be just as helpful.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Yep, I'll second Tube Amp Doctor. I had very good service from them when trying to source a PT for my old groove tubes amp.
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2739
    The laminations used for mains transformers are standard sizes, so you will definitely be able to find a transformer that fits the chassis without resorting to metal any metal work.

From what I remember the mains transformer from the Prosonic is quite large for a 50W amp.

The main issue with the Prosonic is that in "class A" mode it draws a lot of current from the power supply (in fact Bruce Zinky who designed this reckons he may have over done it in this mode), so you need to ensure that the mains transformer is designed to cope with this.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33998
    What about voodoo amps mods?

Very highly regarded.

I used to have Prosonic's- toured and recorded with them for 10+ years before I went to Suhr/CAA.
    I have numerous mods for them if you are interested.