Boss Katana NOT cutting through,......

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    JayGee said:
    bloodandtears said:

D'ya know I've never understand bands that don't mic up guitar amps..  

Guitarists often have to stand right infront the backline amp/cab..  why not benefit from the spread of the PA, even in the dog and duck.
    It’s a nice idea but (for my band at least) breaks down in the face of needing more monitors (or IEMs), a mixer capable of delivering multiple monitor mixes, and somebody competent enough to drive it properly because our singer gets grumpy if you put any guitar in his monitor mix and I get grumpy if I can’t hear enough of my guitar...

Great in bigger venues where you can have more, better, more flexible monitoring (and someone to run it for you) but not really practical in pubs...
    You don't need to monitor the guitar, that's what your amps are for. Just bung a little in FOH so your amps don't have to work so hard. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    JayGee said:
    bloodandtears said:

D'ya know I've never understand bands that don't mic up guitar amps..  

Guitarists often have to stand right infront the backline amp/cab..  why not benefit from the spread of the PA, even in the dog and duck.
    It’s a nice idea but (for my band at least) breaks down in the face of needing more monitors (or IEMs), a mixer capable of delivering multiple monitor mixes, and somebody competent enough to drive it properly because our singer gets grumpy if you put any guitar in his monitor mix and I get grumpy if I can’t hear enough of my guitar...

Great in bigger venues where you can have more, better, more flexible monitoring (and someone to run it for you) but not really practical in pubs...
    You don't need to monitor the guitar, that's what your amps are for. Just bung a little in FOH so your amps don't have to work so hard. 
    This ^
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, for this weeks fun, I'm going to setup the Parametric EQ on one of the FX slots, with varying amounts of Low-Mod boost....

This way I can experiment during the practice without a PC.

Worth a try...
    The Blogging Musician ;https://adamharkus.com/
  • Well, for this weeks fun, I'm going to setup the Parametric EQ on one of the FX slots, with varying amounts of Low-Mod boost....

Worth a try...
    Good idea.. good luck
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Worth a try...
    Good idea.. good luck
    Good plan, but scuppered by the level being decrease in tone studio as the gain goes up :(

I can't seem to write back the settings of the Parametric EQ :(
    The Blogging Musician ;https://adamharkus.com/
  • Here is a live clip of my 2 Katana 50 combos. Ran in stereo. Pedals into the clean channel. The drive is a Blackstar HT Dual, chorus and delay coming from Digitech hardwire pedals. I would say it’s definitely cutting through :-)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17rBTpf2YJBCMSUuOv-xS7A6ijgnSZ_Gp/view?usp=drivesdk