New valves being made in the USA.

What's Hot

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8503
    Hope they do better than techtube did!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    It looks as if they intend them for the hi fi market. Does that mean these valves might be too linear for guitar amps? Would we have to turn our amps up more to get that sweet spot?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    Shape of things to come. Give it twenty years and the USA will be a low-wage offshore manufacturing base for the Chinese. They're just getting into the game early.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2014

Cirrus said:
    It looks as if they intend them for the hi fi market. Does that mean these valves might be too linear for guitar amps? Would we have to turn our amps up more to get that sweet spot?
    Valves operate the way they're told to operate by the circuit they're in. Sure, some might have slightly more solid low end, or more distorted treble, or start to compress at a lower volume, but I think it's all very minor. It's just different flavours, rather than it being the case that they might make a 6l6 that makes your mesa sound like a hi fi!

Wait, what? I quoted myself?
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @Cirrus, yes I'm sure the difference will be as you say minor, because of the operating conditions set by the rest of the circuit. However there are those that say one brand of valve is superior or different to another brand of valve in the same circuit, and that's the kind of thing I was getting at.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Cirrus said:
    Wait, what? I quoted myself?

Meta
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cirrus said:
    Meta

Cirrus said:
    Cirrus said:
    Meta

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Singularity achieved
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3705
    I had an idea that valve manufacture was a black art that gave off noxious poisons into the atmosphere which is why they were only made in the old eastern bloc/China i.e places that were not too bothered with emissions.

True?
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    edited March 2014

Quoted from one of the "Show" Links

now, the company produces only 6L6es, which cost $200 each and reportedly last much longer than those from other makers.

OK these are clearly aimed at HiFi ...... I can get a quad of genuine unused Late '70's Phillips Sylvania's for that amount of Dosh ...  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1679
    That says it all. Add a couple of zeros to the price then ! Those hi-fi dudes are nuts when it comes to spending serioud cash on dubious product.

Rob.