Peavey Classic 20 Mini Head... any experience with it?

susbemolsusbemol Frets: 403
Hey guys,

I'm interested in one of these and just thought it'd be good to hear people's opinions about them. So if you've had one for a while, what are your thoughts on it?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4175
    I bought a new one last year from Andertons and I've been happy with it.

I was impressed by it's performance in this shootout -

I bought a brand new one so I could get the Peavey 5-year extended warranty, figuring that a £400 head with 5 years cover can't be bad. It compares favourably with my Victory V40 and the 1 watt setting is ideal for home use. I don't use the dirty channel, and the clean channel has loads of headroom. The reverb is a bit meh and so I don't use that. I use mine as a pedal platform, and it's fine.

• susbemolsusbemol Frets: 403
    Thanks for that, mate. I'd be using it mainly for recording and it looks like it'd work nicely. I'm also not quite convinced about its channel 2 but I reckon I could probably make it work.

I don't use reverb so that doesn't bother me at all.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 403
    Just picking up on something else you said, since you already own a V40, is there any particular reason why you felt you wanted the Classic 20 as well? I would have thought they'd cover pretty similar tonal ground, no?
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4175
    I wanted to have a spare head. Also, I liked the sound of the Peavey Classic 30.