Bother. Broke my Yamaha THR10.

What's Hot
DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5548
Well, the power switch to be exact. Had the amp in my backpack and it took a knock, snapping the toggle off. At least it's snapped off in the 'on' position so I can still use it.
Any idea what the correct replacement toggle switch would be? There's so many online I have no idea what one to get. Saw somewhere that the one in the amp is a Fujisoku 8a1012, a 1-pole On-On standard toggle with PC Straight terminals, rated for 6A at 125V.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72539
    It looks like a typical PCB mount SPDT switch.

While looking for a pic I found this, which should help!

https://yamahamusicians.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7907

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5548
    Cheers @ICBM that's a similar thread to the one I found 

http://www.planetz.com/repairing-yamaha-thr10-switch/

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72539
    I’m guessing it’s a common problem - it’s very likely to get broken because the switch is too flimsy, badly sited and sticks up too far.

It might be possible to find a lower-profile one which will fit the same PCB layout.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27167
    I do find it really odd that they used a tall skinny switch and not one of the shorter chunkier ones that look and feel better, and are presumably much harder to break. I guess it would've added another £5 to the price and they didn't want to
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom