Surreal discovery about my guitar picks...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Very cool story!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have Aerosmith (Nine Lives) and Megadeath (Cryptic Writings) picks, but they were from sets given out to fan club members in the late 90s.  The only one I caught at a gig is a pink Slash's Snakepit one, late 90s, at the Forum in Kentish Town.
    Ill trade you a pizza pick for it???? :)
    No chance! :)
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Wowsers. I've a few "celeb" plectra:

Billy Gould (Faith No More)

Dave Mustaine

Andy Timmons

Frank Gambale

Snail's Pace Slim

Stephen Carpenter (Deftones, not sure it was his)

I tried to get one of Malmsteen's, but the scrum was insane, you'd think it was a diamond. One lad jumped onstage and took a whole gaffa-tape strip of picks of a mic stand, calm as you like. There wasn't as much security as normal because the show was at the Frankfurt trade fair, not a regular venue.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Great story. I love the idea of designing your own pick, I'd be 100% up for that apart from the fact that I don't use picks. 

Would I be miffed if that happened to me? Not 100% sure. I'd be kind of pleased that my design was used by her to be honest, but then again, if there was money to be made I wouldn't want to lose out, and like you I am a pro designer so it is technically my line of work.
  • axisus said:
    Great story. I love the idea of designing your own pick, I'd be 100% up for that apart from the fact that I don't use picks. 

Would I be miffed if that happened to me? Not 100% sure. I'd be kind of pleased that my design was used by her to be honest, but then again, if there was money to be made I wouldn't want to lose out, and like you I am a pro designer so it is technically my line of work.

I don’t really think there was any money to be made. Sure she’s using them and she’s probably rich, however would she be using them if there was a cost attached? Probably not. The whole experience was fun and I’m now doing more graphic design at work which is feeding into my animations so the whole thing has had a positive effect on my professional work which I do make money from! And it’s a cool story!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8221
    I once blagged one of Lenny Kravitz's picks after a gig. Thought it was just a regular one but it had this way cool psychedelic pattern and his name embossed in gold on the other side - cool bastard.

Those aged Gretsch Jet George Harrison guitars came with one of his personal picks from his music room. I think I would have a small sex wee if I got my hands on one of those...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3527
    DLM said:

Wowsers. I've a few "celeb" plectra:

Billy Gould (Faith No More)

Dave Mustaine

Andy Timmons

Frank Gambale

Snail's Pace Slim

Stephen Carpenter (Deftones, not sure it was his)

I tried to get one of Malmsteen's, but the scrum was insane, you'd think it was a diamond. One lad jumped onstage and took a whole gaffa-tape strip of picks of a mic stand, calm as you like. There wasn't as much security as normal because the show was at the Frankfurt trade fair, not a regular venue.

I have a malmsteen pick from being in his fan club in the late 90s. You know the deal, send 10 USD to a po box in California and you get a pick, a signed photo, etc. Don't know what it is worth to you but you can have it in exchange for a donation to an animal charity perhaps?