PSA: Xvive Wave Phaser for £45

DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
Always liked the look of this Howard Davis-designed phaser/envelope-filter pedal, and see that Scan are selling them (via their website and their eBay shop) for £45 posted.  Pretty tempted myself, but would need to sort out an 18V power cable/supply.

Here's the eBay link...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xvive-W1-Wave-Phaser-18V-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-Intelligent-Envelope-Detector-LFO/123022681798?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I used to order computer hardware/bits from Scan years ago (never had any issues with them), and had no idea they sold audio/music stuff too nowadays.  

Anyhoo, just passing it on!
New fangled trading feedback link right here!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5168
    They've also got the XVive Fuzz Overdrive for cheap... Also 18v though.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• mortmort Frets: 719
    Good option for anyone with a Dunlop Brick as it has 3 x 18v 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    Two of my favourite effects in one box. Thanks for the heads up.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    edited April 2018
    Hmm. Not so great. Just taken delivery and it exhibits a noticeable shelving effect when using the envelope filter. The shift from one register to another is abrupt and quite noticeable, esp with held notes. Finding the tipping point of the envelope is fiddly (but that's common with this type of effect ime) but the shelving effect with the envelope means it's going back.
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    edited April 2018
    JezWynd said:
    Hmm. Not so great. Just taken delivery and it exhibits a noticeable shelving effect when using the envelope filter. The shift from one register to another is abrupt and quite noticeable, esp with held notes. Finding the tipping point of the envelope is fiddly (but that's common with this type of effect ime) but the shelving effect with the envelope means it's going back.

Shame.  Just out if interest, how are the straight phasing sounds?  Any extraneous noise when in use?

I'd be using it mostly as a full-on phaser.  Still wavering over getting one to try out, but will definitely have to get a voltage doubling cable as well.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    JezWynd said:

How noisy did you find yours? Mine hisses like a bastard at unity gain and only stops if you back it off, at which point you suffer a volume drop, obviously.

Quite like how it sounds though