SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTD Strat Neck

What's Hot
AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
edited April 2018 in Parts £
Hi all,

I'm looking for a quality strat style neck.  I currently have an awesome USACG neck currently but it's too fat for my girly hands.  Here's what I'm on the sniff for:

the important bits:

c shape - 790 1st - .930 12th ish
1-5/8" or 1.65" nut
Rosewood board

the other bits:
At least 9.5" radius. 
21 frets
Truss rod at heel
Kluson tuners
Medium jumbos 6150 or similar

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    Why not see if there are any luthiers up there that would reshape your neck ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    edited April 2018
    A good shout.   But I've taken a shine to the vintage nut recently, my usacg doesn't have this.   So figure I should try a different neck.

My other guitar is a musicman and have gotten used to the narrow nut . But 1.65" is fine too.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2671
    What's the spec of your usagc neck? Might be interested if you are selling. I've also got a Fender Classic Player 60s neck with nitro refin if you are interested.
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    edited April 2018
    Hmmm unsure whether to sell the other neck tbh. Maybe I'll come back to it in the future. But I recommend USACG it really is a beauty.   They aren't exporting rosewood necks outside the US anymore, or I'd be back for another.