Did you ever look in the mirror

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4993
and see your father/grandfather looking back at you? Happens to most of us sometime. We can't escape our parentage so it is as well to be prepared in advance.

It is amazing how looks and mannerisms are passed down from parent to child.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    When I look in the mirror I see the milkman.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23128
    Not yet.  In fact recently I've been looking at my father and seeing how much he's aged in just the last few years, so if anything I feel like the gap has widened.

It'll get me in the end though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    My dad wore short hair and was clean shaven. Maybe if I got the zzz machine out I'd see him, but usually when I get into the bathroom I think "who's that old git?"
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ... usually when I get into the bathroom I think "who's that old git?"
    Yeah... sorry about that... once the plumbing's fixed at my place, I won't be bothering you again.
    17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 335
    a few years ago I was going to do the Movember thing but as I looked in the mirror I saw my dad staring back at me  - seriously disconcerting as he'd been dead for twenty years - this was the first time I realised how similar our features were in old age - I wish I had his caring and compassionate nature :) ...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    I see fat Stephen sometimes. Stephen was my eldest brother ( 12 years older than me) who died a few years ago.* Quite a few people have told me down the years I looked like him, he normally sported a moustache so if I shave my beard down to a tache I look very much like a fatter version of him. 
    My youngest son was shouting at his computer this morning and I was going to tell him off but realised he sounded just like me and that MrsTheWeary would point this out if I did tell him off so let it be. 

* I was going to mention him in the too much drinking will shorten your life Discussion, a lot of damage done that no amount of jogging could undo. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853

I was adopted and I've only ever seen a couple of old photos about ten years ago, so I have no real idea what he looks like.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5635
    My dad's a complete cunt, so yes.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    I look quite  like my maternal Grandad......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Oddly - yes.

I have cut my hair a couple weeks back and for some reason every time I try to make some kind of a decent hairstyle I can see my grandfather in the mirror. 

It's interesting  as he died about 20 years ago and I never got a chance to spend a quality time with him (I was a little shit back then and I have some flashbacks from our holiday together but not as much as I'd like).
    Strange...
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    Yes. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16161
    Yes,I have become my Dad in so many ways.........my dad died when I was 16 and he was 49 but at age 56 I look just like I remember him only I'm 7 inches taller.......my daughter looks just like my late mother.........genetics eh
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    Funnily enough, I looked at some old photos of my father recently and ‘really’ saw myself in him for the first time. Quite an odd feeling....
  • 19791979 Frets: 87
    It’s certainly eerie seeing your own image develop into that of your parents. My dad has kindly bestowed his baldness and short stature  on me. Thanks you little bald prick 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    yes - see both parents at different times and always see my Dad when I look at my hands. More worrying is that my Mum is now 83 and a bit worse the wear through illness and when was round there and the home nurse came, my Mum introduced me as her Son and the nurse said "Oh yes he looks just like you!"!!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

But I do look a lot like uncle Bill. He isn’t my real uncle but rather a friend of the family who I’ve always called uncle.
    Odd eh?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    No idea what my old man looks like, I haven't seen him for 14 years. Dunno if he's still alive, either.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5557
    I turned 45 last week, the same age my father was when I came along.
    I have old Super 8 film of him holding the baby me when I came home from hospital,  and although I'm certainly my father's son he looks old in the footage whereas I still think I'm quite young. I don't see us as similar 45 year olds at all.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @DiscoStu I suspect you've had better healthcare and diet in your first 45 years than he did in his first 45
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Whenever I look in the mirror, I say:

"Candyman..."
    "Candyman..."
    "Candym..."
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom