How close is the clean on a 410 Deville to a Bassman?

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
I know this is a very subjective thing but are they close tone wise on the clean setting of the Deville?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Having owned both I'd have to say 'not very', but does it really matter?
    They are both pretty good.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72345
    The Blues is closer than the Hotrod.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Thank you guys. Perhaps I should have said slightly more. I had a Supersonic that had a bassman clean channel but I believe this was based on the 66 and not the 59. I quite liked it however it was not by all accounts similar to the 66 or 59. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    The amp itself is not really like a  Bassman, but there is a kind of common voice to Fender 4x10 combos, especially when they're loud enough to start vibrating across the floor. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I have owned the 59 Bassman and had a student with the Hot Rod and not the same vibe at all.

I also have the Supersonic 60 and indeed the Bassman is NOT the Tweed model and has no bearing on that sound at all - - it is the 66 era Blonde.

The closest thing to a Tweed Bassman is the Super Reverb but the SR is better in every way, The Hot Rod also sounds nothing like a SR across the dials.

If you gonner lug a 4x10 around - better make it a Super Reverb!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • The difference in price will be :s