Arsene Wenger

What's Hot

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    funkyfraz said:
    Brendan Rogers .  I could see him do it for 5 years. 
    As an Arsenal supporter, Brendan Rodgers doesn't even make the list. It's about on a par with wanting Piers Morgan to be the next manager.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11410
    fandango said:
    funkyfraz said:
    Brendan Rogers .  I could see him do it for 5 years. 
    As an Arsenal supporter, Brendan Rodgers doesn't even make the list. It's about on a par with wanting Piers Morgan to be the next manager.
    As a Spurs fan I would find both of those acceptable.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocker said:
    London has a lot of football teams, it needs one good team and for the past twenty years Arsenal has been that team.  Like Man U, their slight demise in recent years has raised eyebrows but it is only a matter of time before both of these teams are back winning trophies.
    Arsenal trophies:
    League - 3
    FA Cup - 7
    League Cup - 0
    European Trophies - 0

Chelsea: 
    League - 5
    FA Cup - 5
    League Cup - 4
    European Trophies - 4

That's the 20 year stats. The last 10 years are even less favorable. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5013
    Rocker said:
    London has a lot of football teams, it needs one good team and for the past twenty years Arsenal has been that team.  Like Man U, their slight demise in recent years has raised eyebrows but it is only a matter of time before both of these teams are back winning trophies.
    Arsenal trophies:
    League - 3
    FA Cup - 7
    League Cup - 0
    European Trophies - 0

Chelsea: 
    League - 5
    FA Cup - 5
    League Cup - 4
    European Trophies - 4

That's the 20 year stats. The last 10 years are even less favorable. 

You are the first person who said that Chelsea won trophies. Chelsea bought them. As did Manchester City but that is a side issue.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    Legionreturns said:

Chelsea:

League - 5
    FA Cup - 5
    League Cup - 4
    European Trophies - 4
    A good point well made but if you're going to count the Super Cup in the tally of European trophies, you might as well count Community Shields as well.
  • I mentioned nothing about winning them... 

Arsenal and Man United have also spent hundreds of millions on trophies over the years. The only recent winners that haven't basically bought it are Leicester. 

• Brize said:
    Legionreturns said:

Chelsea:

League - 5
    FA Cup - 5
    League Cup - 4
    European Trophies - 4
    A good point well made but if you're going to count the Super Cup in the tally of European trophies, you might as well count Community Shields as well.
    Well, kind of... But you don't have to win a European trophy to get into the CS 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I mentioned nothing about winning them... 

Arsenal and Man United have also spent hundreds of millions on trophies over the years. The only recent winners that haven't basically bought it are Leicester. 
    The difference being, Man U and Arsenal have spent money generated from the game.
    City and Chelsea have spent overseas oil and aluminium money by the truckload.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    Brize said:
    Legionreturns said:

Chelsea:

League - 5
    FA Cup - 5
    League Cup - 4
    European Trophies - 4
    Well, kind of... But you don't have to win a European trophy to get into the CS 
    The point is that they're both one-off showpiece games, not major trophies.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1327
    United fans were distinctly put out when Chelsea started spending more than they could.  Idiotic chants of "you're not Chelsea anymore" rang out as the realisation set in, that their own foreign wealthy owners were not quite as wealthy as the foreign wealthy owner of Chelsea.  

Such a bitter pill for them to swallow.  I thought it was absolutely hilarious.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Good riddance to the whinging ungracious twat.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7826
    edited April 2018
    Fully expecting arsenal to sink into mid table mediocrity if the same transfer restraints are placed on the new guy. Wenger has performed a miracle in keeping arsenal near the top and financially they cannot or dont want to keep up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4994
    edited April 2018
    I think it's a don't want to, he has actually worked well to keep up with the biggest spenders I agree. Arsenal are ran without debt and actually turn a profit unlike the others, let's see how long that lasts post Wenger. 

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

Looks like Luis Enrique could be interested if Arsenal are willing to caugh up £15m a year for him.

According to the Mirror.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    proggy said:
    Looks like Luis Enrique could be interested if Arsenal are willing to caugh up £15m a year for him.

According to the Mirror.
    I'd even be interested in the job if they want to pay me £15 million a year. Shucks, I might even consider £10 million a year. Saves them £5 million p.a. in getting Luis.
    fandango said:
    proggy said:

According to the Mirror.
    I'd even be interested in the job if they want to pay me £15 million a year. Shucks, I might even consider £10 million a year. Saves them £5 million p.a. in getting Luis.
    Send them your CV, you never know.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4739

Nice scenes at OT yesterday.  After all the years of rivalry Fergie paid a nice tribute to his great rival and also Mourhino was full of praise for the old foe.  Nice to see.

Some great battles over the years....

The game was awful however.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11504

Do you think the new manager will have decent eyesight?

All those incidents he didn't see.

Wenger is clueless.  The world and his dog can see that Arsenal need a decent centre back, and a defensive midfielder who can mix it up and get a bit physical, and Wenger just buys 20 lightweight attacking midfielders.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • When I first saw the team sheet yesterday I had a bad feeling a repeat of that 8-2 loss would be evident. Crap game I know but I thought we'd hold out for a point.

Whoever comes in next needs to sell Xhaka as he's useless in midfield. Loses the ball too often and doesn't cover his centre backs enough. I've seen this season after season, where is our Matic/Fernandinho/Kante type player? Since Vieira left we've not had anyone replace him.

Mustafi needs to be sold as well as he's also useless and Cech's getting on a bit so we need a new keeper.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5013
    Every club is on the lookout for a Kante type player!  They are proving hard to find.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum