Vox mini 3 problem

BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
At some point, this amp has been used with a USA Power supply plugged into UK mains. Now, when the correct power supply is used with it, the guitar and mic input dont seem to detect any input (the tuner doesnt register any input). However, the Aux in and headphone out work perfectly.

Any ideas what the problem could be?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73141
    At a guess, it's probably blown the voltage regulator for the digital section, where the signal processing from the input takes place. The amplifier section at the end is analogue, won't be driven from that and has survived. If you're lucky it might be a fairly large discrete component and if it is that which has blown it should be repairable… but don't count on it, it could be something more fundamental in the digital section.

It should take a tech about five minutes to find out whether it's going to be easily and/or economically repairable or not.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Cheers for that @ICBM. I guess I'll head down to the tech soon.