SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb: kingtone/jesse davey Duellist and vintage fuzz pedal.

What's Hot
riccosuabericcosuabe Frets: 3
Looking for either of these two pedals for sale, was about to buy them straight from jesse's site but thought id check if theres any about in the u.k first.would prefer the vintage fuzz that has the bias adjustment knob.
Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• interstellarinterstellar Frets: 486
    thanks @tone1 ; i moved it on quitte quickly, to the OP  i wasnt that impressed with it TBH, i had the vintage fuzz with the bias.

Thorpy fx fuzz is so much better, as are quite  few others i have had. They do look cool though
  • riccosuabericcosuabe Frets: 3
    @interstellar what was it you didnt like about it if you dont mind me asking? I have an arbiter with the 128s in and fancied an nkt fuzz and thought after listening to the various demo's it would have been a good choice and its not exactly a pedal you can easily go and try out.
    firstly dont be fooled by the nkt 275 they aint the ones you think they are, reissues for sure, i just didnt think it sounded that good, and suspect its a bit of a con
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ah right @interstellar i wasnt aware they the chip was a reissue, i always assumed they would be the original ones.So it didnt have that vintage cream type tone the nkts are known for then?
    I have heard a lot better, in my not very expert opinion I would look elsewhere, 
  • dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 591
    Having tried a fair few NKT I would get a Sunface if you are after that vibe. I had a white dot and shouldn’t have sold...
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    If you can track down a first run vintage fuzz then these were made without the large pcb and the initial ones came with proper nkt275 transistors (either one or both).  The current ones are loaded with reissue nkt275 which are not the sane thing.  Fair enough if the values and tolerances are done right in a blind test you may not be able to tell, but paying that much money you'd want it to have genuine components that are what they say they are.  

New Vs older version

It's the same story with the Morgan nkt275 fuzz that just uses the same transistors as the Jesse Davey which are stamped with nkt275 but are just modern production.  That fuzz got a fair amount of bad press for doing so but the JD seems to have escaped that so far.  Probably because it's tuned better and also has a higher price tag so people don't like to ruin their resale value and talk about the reality.

I had a first run one a while back and it was decent but in the end I sold it on and have a Pigdog space face to fill that gap now and don't regret letting it go.

Good luck with whatever you decide
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the advice guys, my original idea had been to send one of my dunlop ff's to mike at analogman for a mod as i spoke to him via email and said he could do a one with a red dot nkt and with a bias knob as he said that sounded like the tone i was after.in your opinion (people who have owned the vintage fuzz,) am i better off just going for the mod instead?
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Thorpy veteran silicon. It stands strong against germanium and fights for fuzz time against my Sonus favourite 68 Jimi mod. 
    @riccosuabe there is a Thorpy veteran for sale on here the germanium one, i doubt very much you would ever regret buying it, they are fantastic
  • catdogcatdog Frets: 124
    I have the Kingtone dual knob fuzz ..I may be tempted to sell with the rite offer was made
  • Still after a Duellist ?