Just discovered Peaky Blinders

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
Folk have been dripping on at me for ages to watch Peaky Blinders and being something closely resembling a luddite have failed to do so........until yesterday evening when the tellybox had several million channels of utter drivel, fired up the ol Fire Stick thing and watched the first 3 episodes back to back, fair to say we are hooked! We did the same with Game of Thrones too.......
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6224
    I was watched the first season and thought it was excellent. It had me completely hooked. Haven't gotten around to watching the others yet. I don't know why, perhaps I'm afraid they won't be a match for the first(?)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12477
    It stays at a very good standard all the way through the various series. Watch the whole lot.  ;)
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4686
    I was the same, eventually watched it and was very impressed, ended up binge watching the whole lot. Decent Soundtrack too 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    The music in the background is great too quite modern for such a dark period piece, very clever, also when discussing WW1 topics theres the rumble of explosions just audible in the background, clever stuff.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12448
    It’s very very good, looking fwd  to the next season
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16324
    I thought the first series was excellent, I gave up at some point though ( after the second I think) which was due to credibility being stretched a bit too far. 
    Some nice shots of bits of the Black Country Living Museum though and they have benefited from the programme. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14647
    tFB Trader
    Peaky F*cking Blinders - according to Arfer

Brilliant series - enjoy it
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    The best thing the BBC has made in years. Apparently three more series to go ... the guy who writes it wants the last ever scene to be an older Tommy looking up in the sky as the sirens go off at the beginning of WW2.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    Three more series apparently. Looking forward to more slo-mo of them walking four abreast through a factory with  sparks flying around them!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6406
    Ruddy marvellous ! 

I love the contrast of the 1920s atmosphere with modern edgy music, I was a Grinderman fan but am now fully into Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds !   2nd series is a pause for breath, 3rd and 4th are as good as the first.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5060
    Watched them all. Brilliant. Lots of it is actually filmed around Mersyside!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Absolutely loved it, and what a soundtrack.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    Finished Series 1 last night......

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9668
    equalsql said:
    I was watched the first season and thought it was excellent. It had me completely hooked. Haven't gotten around to watching the others yet. I don't know why, perhaps I'm afraid they won't be a match for the first(?)
    WHAAAAT !?!?!

Youre in for a nice shock mate... it grows and grows :)