Sasquatch and on ... Huddersfield Jam #2

What's Hot

Comments

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2045
    TTony said:
    @modellista ;;;

I've only kept a watching brief on this since BH & LR took on the organising.  I think some of your "nailed on" attendees wont be there (G4U for example) and that most of your maybe list have confirmed that they wont be there either.

The best measure of who's going is the names on the playlist.  Those people have invested effort and credibility so will generally be there subject to last minute issues arising (assume one or two will have to pull out last minute).

There'll be one or two more who decide last minute, or who just want to meet up, chat (& drink) off the setlist.
    G4U is on the playlist - he put his hand up for JJ Cale on June 16th.  But if he's told you privately that he's not coming I'll amend the list.  Do you have any knowledge of any others on the "nailed on" list that aren't coming?  Thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    LuttiS said:
    Pretty sure i've seen that TAdodger, DiscoStu, righthandred, and Dr.Widdley have pulled out for various reasons. Can't remember about the others.
    Cheers, will amend list.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    yup i'm defo coming.
    what was the date again?

:)

"Dominic" 
    I'd forgotten about that.  Wish you had too! :)
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    LuttiS said:
    Pretty sure i've seen that TAdodger, DiscoStu, righthandred, and Dr.Widdley have pulled out for various reasons. Can't remember about the others.
    Cheers, will amend list.

Yes, sadly I just couldn't make it work for that weekend. Still a bit gutted tbh but, if there's another one in Huddersfield, I will be there if humanly possible!

Hope you all have a great time.
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    edited August 2018
    drwiddly said:
    LuttiS said:
    Cheers, will amend list.

Yes, sadly I just couldn't make it work for that weekend. Still a bit gutted tbh but, if there's another one in Huddersfield, I will be there if humanly possible!

Hope you all have a great time.

Unfortunately I am 'entertaining' another way at the weekend. Jane's rele's from Canada dropping in on their latest tour of Europe, and again on the way back at the end of September (just in case there are plans for another jam).
  • This is from January, but other than the date it's all still relevant 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Is there a place nearby to get bottled water and something to eat ? 
    And what time are people getting to the studio for , I’m happy to help set up and stuff as I will probably drive up ridiculously early on Saturday morning to avoid traffic. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I suggest we aim to start at 12.30.

So arrival anytime around 12 would be best I reckon. If you want to get there earlier then cool. 

If you want to copy @modellista and grab a granny the night before then cool. 

Otherwise - I'll plan to do my normal formal briefing at 12.30 - after that, there is no more formal stuff.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    sticker said:
    And what time are people getting to the studio for , I’m happy to help set up and stuff as I will probably drive up ridiculously early on Saturday morning to avoid traffic. 
    Yeah there are a couple of shops/petrol stations within a few mins walk
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Cool ,in that case  anyone know if there’s anywhere near the studio for breakfast ? 
    Might as well start my Huddersfield Odyssey with a full English if there’s one available.... 
    LuttiS said:
    sticker said:
    Yeah there are a couple of shops/petrol stations within a few mins walk
    Bob will stock up the fridge - there's water in there, and tea/coffee and snacks as well. 
  • sticker said:
    Cool ,in that case  anyone know if there’s anywhere near the studio for breakfast ? 
    Might as well start my Huddersfield Odyssey with a full English if there’s one available.... 
    Merrie England, just up the road. Top notch breakfast 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2620
    tFB Trader
    Surprisingly enough there are also 17 who have expressed an interest but it's not clear to me if it's confirmed if they're coming.  I'll tag them here to see whether they can make it.  Would be great to drum up a bit more business.  If you get tagged here guys, please let me know if you can make it down.  Looks like being a great party.  And it's this coming weekend!!!

Sadly I wont be coming..  Things are pretty bad with my parents so I cant  :(
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31780
    Sorry guys, I have a gig I can't get out of. 
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    After all my posturing and bigging up...looks like infant make it now #gutted #ironicuseofhashtag
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    Tonight i was using some scissors without adult supervision and did a stupid right into my index fretting finger :/

Was a right gusher too... Left it a couple of hours then played guitar. String went right into it. It's a right doesy.

So i got some rainbow healing involved. @Legionreturns i now know your pain.. Our injuries are basically exactly the same, only i had the forsight to use a rainbow unicorn plaster. 

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5421
    Hell's teeth, chaps. If you haven't practiced, just say so, don't start chopping bits off!

GWS.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I had an accident with a big chopper today.

I have no hands or feet anymore. Oh, and no ears and no sense of rhythm.

Luckily my bass playing is unaffected
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12175
    Snags said:
    Hell's teeth, chaps. If you haven't practiced, just say so, don't start chopping bits off!

GWS.
    I haven't practis... oh fuck my arm....
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
This discussion has been closed.