Slaves

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
Yes, I’m looking to get into slavery.

my Budda has a slave out after the preamp stage, so I was thinking about running that out to a second amp, but what kind of lead would I use?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    It still has to be a screened lead to avoid any pick-up, rather than say a speaker cable. The voltage swings are higher after the pre-amp, but if you have a decent quality guitar lead that would certainly do as a test (the voltage swings won't break down the insulation), then perhaps get a custom lead made up with screened cable and a couple of decent quality jack plugs, (which is what we used to do in the good old days when it was common practice to slave amps up).  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    You may also need to think about lifting the ground connection in the cable - you'll get a ground loop with two mains-powered amps connected together, and it may (or may not, depending on the amps, the location, the phases of the moon etc) hum...

In the good old days it was also common practice to fix this by undoing the earth connection in one of the mains plugs, but DO NOT DO THAT.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FezFez Frets: 529
    In the good old days it was also common practice to fix this by undoing the earth connection in one of the mains plugs, but DO NOT DO THAT.

Guilty - I'm afraid I did that a few times many years ago.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    /\ I was actually advised by ROLAND to do this cos my ME-5 used to do this with an amp at one stage...!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>