NFGD Cimar - Astra

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3197
    edited March 2014
    Nice looking guitar. Something similar happened to me last year. I was given a similar vintage Hondo strat copy in terrible condition. There is something very satisfying bringing back these old budget guitars and then making them better than they were originally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Yeah I have set it up for a band practice tomorrow so I am going to trial it, my only concern is no locking tuners! I am usually pretty anal about that!
    looking forward to seeing it...looks very nice.

my first electric guitar was a Cimar super strat in black. later I took red paint and a paintbrush to it and gave it binding, some pentagrams and a big trident!...MEEETTAAAALLLL!!!
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    It looks very similar to what Mike Edwards is using in THIS Jesus Jones video - albeit with a different headstock...

• The intonation was pretty crazy, just adjusted it now and its sounding even better.
    Old Is Gold
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    Thats cool as a fook :)
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    Nice guitar! And lovely stag cushions. I found out about locking Klusons, fitting those onto my partsacaster
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Just used it in anger for band practice doom/post metal down tuned to B standard, to be fair it did well stayed fair in tune :-)
    Old Is Gold
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    @Antique_Guitars What strings did you put on it to reach those depths? I'm converting my old CMI bolt on Les Paul for sludge duties but I'm scared I might break the old girl. Cheers Kelvin
  • kelvinburn;198454" said:
    @Antique_Guitars What strings did you put on it to reach those depths? I'm converting my old CMI bolt on Les Paul for sludge duties but I'm scared I might break the old girl. Cheers Kelvin
    nothing too crazy just Ernie Ball - Not Even Slinky 12-56

You should be fine, yeah the strings are thicker but it's tuned nowhere near the same pitch. I don't know the tension calculations off the top of my head but I'm sure it won't be worse than standard strings in concert tuning.
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    Cheers @Antique_Guitars its got an old Super Distortion bridge and a Mighty Mite Neck Pup so I recon B std / drop A will sound spot on. It was also a gift from a friends loft
  • Free guitar gifts are the best
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom