Any one have any thoughts on the Attenuator of the Orange Dual Dark

What's Hot
xRandomregxRandomreg Frets: 231
I am thinking of buying a dual dark 50 as I would like a 2 ch amp but want it for front room noodling so want an attenuator

Anyone any experience of using one of these and can give me an idea of how good the attenuator is i.e does amp still sound good when attenuated

Thanks

Andrew
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3340
    edited May 2018
    Ask away. 

I’ll  not call either channel the clean channel, channel A has conventional eq , gain and volume. Channel B has the shape feature, gain and volume. There’s an overall attenuator plus you can select half power too. 

For my gain  needs I find B the better filth channel as it’s more smooth and modern sounding whereas A is a bit more raspy. 

Either can do cleans but not with a great deal of headroom before it starts getting gritty. 

The attenuator works  well and you can watch TV whilst playing if you want as the amp is very silent too. The attenuator is controlled by the foot switch too so you can use it as a solo boost by turning it off. 

There is a LOT of gain available , I run B with gain around 1 o’clock and it’s plenty. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xRandomregxRandomreg Frets: 231
    Thank you
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3340
    De nada